FORUMS: list search recent posts

Offsite Client Video Editing Review

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Jones
Offsite Client Video Editing Review
on Sep 19, 2008 at 8:32:29 pm

Has anyone out there heard of a solution where I can be editing on my computer and sending the video and/or screen output to a client in another state?

Greg Jones
D7,Inc.
Orlando,FL.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Offsite Client Video Editing Review
on Sep 19, 2008 at 10:54:51 pm

You can use iChat for this, but in that case, you would need a firewire dv signal to be at the end of your video chain going in to a computer that is using the fw in as a 'webcam' of sorts.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Ramona Howard
on Sep 20, 2008 at 10:13:12 pm

Greg,

We do this on the Rave :)

Technically you could have 100 clients opened up, all in different locations, seeing the same thing.

Cheers,
Ramona

http://www.spectsoft.com

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Sep 21, 2008 at 3:36:25 pm

I believe this is what Walter Biscardi uses -

http://www.syncvue.com/

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Mike Zimbard
on Sep 21, 2008 at 11:50:55 pm

Does SyncVue allow for realtime output of your editing timeline? I had checked it out a while back, but thought it only allowed you to send encoded movies to clients and that they could give realtime feedback. Walter (or anyone else) - does it actually allow you to encode your computer screen so that someone else can view what you're doing as you work?

Return to posts index

Ramona Howard
on Sep 22, 2008 at 3:37:58 am

Mike,

If Syncvue doesn't do this look at Rave, as we do everything in realtime and what you have asked for. The easiest way to explain "one way of using Rave is". The master location is where the uncompressed video resides. The system is then controllable by as many GUIs as you wish to open, at as many locations as you wish.

Each location has complete control and everyone sees this. Rave now supports full frame playback to the GUI so if I hit play, you also see the full playback and visa versa (along with anyone else connected).

* Let me add that these external locations can also build playlist and such from any distance, they don't need to be anywhere near the actual system that hosts the uncompressed material. Dailies sessions without the conversion :)

Nutshell. One system, no compressing, converting, moving or waiting for anyone else in the world to see the content. GUIs can run on a variety of hardware and is used quite often on a laptop. All you need is an Internet connection.

Cheers,
Ramona

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on Sep 23, 2008 at 3:53:30 pm

Interesting blurb on their site... sounds like they're in-between versions:

A Message to our Customers......

Dear Valued Syncvue Customer:

Recently there have been some exciting changes in our business. As we prepare to communicate our new plans, we have suspended our trial download and purchase functions. You will still be able to manage your licenses for your users through the license server. We will continue to provide support via e-mail at support@syncvue.com.

Stay Tuned and Thank You!

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.
mitch@insightproductions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]