FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aja KonaLHe 6.0, IMX PAL Capture Issue

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabriele Zanon
Aja KonaLHe 6.0, IMX PAL Capture Issue
on Sep 10, 2008 at 8:51:50 am

Hi all.

First of all, i'm italian. Sorry for my english.

Here's the problem.
I have a customer with a postproduction using 6 macs (4 PowerPC Quad and 2 Mac Pro Intel 1st generation), and all of these macs have a Kona LHe installed with Apple Mac OS Tiger 10.4.11, quicktime 7.5 and Final Cut Studio 2 version 6.0.4.

Everything is under a Xsan System 1.4.2 with 20TB Fibre Channel Volume

The capture setting used in this postproduction from 2 years to now is the following:

Aja Kona 625 25 to IMX/50

With drivers 4.0 and 5.1 (both standard and NDD) the capture was absolutely perfect, but using 6.0 we have the following issue:

When you capture a clip from any source (analog or digital, it doesn't matter) the clip is captured in uncompressed mode and not with IMX/50 compression, so i have a data rate of 20-25 instead of classic 6 - 7.

I've tested this on a newest mac pro 8 core with Leopard 10.5.4 with the same results.
I've also tried today with the newest quicktime 7.5.5 without luck

Using the Capture Setting

AJA Kona 525 29,97 to IMX/50

The compression during capture is correct, so the issue is in PAL only.

For now i've resolved the issue downgrading the driver back to 4.0 (the original they have before upgrade, anyway i've tested 5.1 too, and it works great)

Someone else has found the same issue? There is a workaround or i have to wait a new release of drivers?

P.S.: The uninstaller of Driver 6.0 often doesn't work, even under Admin account. I had to log in under Root (superadmin) and there it worked. I've noticed this issue in both Tiger and Leopard. Another driver issue?

Return to posts index

Gabriele Zanon
Re: Aja KonaLHe 6.0, IMX PAL Capture Issue
on Sep 23, 2008 at 8:46:55 am

UPDATE:

The problem has been solved with the new 6.0.1 drivers, tested today.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]