FORUMS: list search recent posts

up-converting 29.97 SD to 29.97 1080i DVCPRO HD

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Troxell
up-converting 29.97 SD to 29.97 1080i DVCPRO HD
on Sep 5, 2008 at 11:52:44 pm

I am up-converting 29.97 SD to 29.97 1080i DVCPRO HD. The aspect ration hasn't changed to 16:9. Am I supposed to blow up my clips to (approximately 35%) in order to attain the complete conversion? Or is there a setting in Final Cut Pro that allows me to change the aspect ratio during capture? Thank you for your help.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: up-converting 29.97 SD to 29.97 1080i DVCPRO HD
on Sep 6, 2008 at 1:45:30 am

FCP does not do this cleanly. You will either need to purchase a better filtering tool to do this, or better yet, purchase an AJA Kona 3 to do this in hardware. Or even better yet, take your project to a production house with a terranex and let that do the upconvert. That's the absolute cleanest upconvert you'll get.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Fran├žois-Michel Nolin Maffolini
Re: up-converting 29.97 SD to 29.97 1080i DVCPRO HD
on Sep 6, 2008 at 9:28:43 pm

1 - Your PLAYBACK OUTPUT from FCP should be 525i29.97 and be sure your timeline is the same.
2 - The FRAME BUFFER of the KONA CARD should be the same as your PLAYBACK OUTPUT from FCP.
3 - Right Click one of the SDI output in the AJA CONTROL PANEL (SDI1 or SDI2 depending which one your linking to the DVCPRO HD VTR) than choose 1080i29.97.
4 - Do your output. You shouldn't have to touch your SD ratio since its a blowing up, the KONA CARD will do the job.

I did an up-converting from a SD DVCPRO timeline to a DVCPRO HD tape and thats the way i did it, it worked pretty well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]