FORUMS: list search recent posts

mackie 402-vlz3

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
keith mottram
mackie 402-vlz3
on Sep 5, 2008 at 11:09:25 am

i need to get two mixers to interface with our alesis speakers and kbox in our two new suites, I looked at the mackie 402-vlz3 and was wondering what other posters thought and if you guys have any other suggestions. also my other editor would prefer a mixer with faders so any suggestions for one in a similar price range would be apreciated. we are just using the mixers for monitoring and for taking a mike in for temp v/o.

thanks

keith

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: mackie 402-vlz3
on Sep 5, 2008 at 6:15:31 pm

You really aren't going to get a mixer that is that small with faders, there's simply not enough room.

You will need a 12 or 16 channel mixer if you want faders.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Sep 7, 2008 at 3:05:38 pm

When clients have ZERO money, this is what I use -

Behringer Xenyx 1204FX

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-BEH-XENYX1204FX-LIST

This is a great cheap product for $169. If $169 is too much money, then I dont' know exactly what you do for a living.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Kenyon Blower
on Sep 25, 2008 at 5:25:12 am

Bob;

This mixer has a USB interface. Could it be used to monitor the 8 channels out of a KONA 3? Would this show up on the audio playback selection on the A/V settings? If so, would all the audio tracks, up to the limit of the mixer, show up as individual tracks on the mixer? Sorry for the idiot questions as this is something where I am completely in the dark.

I am trying to monitor Surround 5.1 thru headsets. The KONA 3 has AES/EBU out only. I am trying to avoid having to by 3 $3700 Wohler monitors.

Thanks
Kenyon

Kenyon Blower
Vide-Post / San Diego
Dual 2.5 G5
3 Gig Ram
Medea 2TB Fibre Raid
Medea 640 gig SCSI
FCP 5.1
KONA LH

Return to posts index

Seb Ratcliffe
on Sep 7, 2008 at 6:25:04 pm

Tapco MIX 100 Ultra-Compact Mixer
Very small, has a fader for the main mix.
Behringer EURORACK UBB1002 10-Input Mixer.
This might be more what you are looking for. Compact, faders, cheap.
Behringer RX1202FX EURORACK Pro Rackmount 12-Input Mixer
Interesting option to place under monitor shelf, free up desk space.
Tapco MIX 220FX Compact Effects Mixer
Behringer Xenyx 1204
Behringer EURORACK UB1204-PRO.
Apart from the first one, all roughly same price point. http://www.dv247.com/icat/Mixing+Desks/2955/
Get more for your money than Mackie, maybe not as solid, but will get the job done.

Return to posts index

keith mottram
on Sep 10, 2008 at 11:34:12 am

Thanks for the help, the 1204 seems about right for the purposes we need it for (though I'd rather go for the mackie, faders being of little interest to me). oh and bob I manufacture cheese for a living, thought that be obvious from my post...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]