FORUMS: list search recent posts

Updating Kona 2 to v6.0 ISSUES

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thompson Coles
Updating Kona 2 to v6.0 ISSUES
on Aug 27, 2008 at 3:41:36 pm

so here's the skinny, I updated the Kona 2 drivers to the new kona 6.0 and now i'm all messed up. just to start on the right foot this is not a new install of kona and the firmware update did happen.

I can select an NTSC easy setup for lets say DVCPRO 50 and as i enter the capture tool my kona card flips to PAL audio still passes though.

my first though is the same you are all having, I picked the wrong setup, NOPE i did the opposite selected a PAL setup and suddenly i can see the video , audio is gone of course.

So my next try is to dig into the setting and try to fix it from capturing at 625 to 525. the only way I have been able to do this is to save as a custom pref then re-adjust.

now the problem is that i can see the video in the capture, but as soon as i capture - both batch and capture now. I get a green bar in the bottom of the screen, and as soon as it is finished the file shows no video. in it's place is a green screen, but the audio is perfect.

I think i'm loosing it.
system info
OS X 10.4.11
dual 2.7ghz power PC G5
4GB Ram
FCP Studio 2.o Current update

Return to posts index

Thompson Coles
Re: Updating Kona 2 to v6.0 ISSUES
on Aug 27, 2008 at 4:55:34 pm

after a conversation with AJA the problem has been fixed. FYI to anyone looking to upgrade the drivers, wait a week or two until the bugs a fixed on this current update.

Thompson

Return to posts index

Stuart Ferreyra
on Aug 28, 2008 at 7:59:27 pm

I'll wait!!!

"In Search of a Midnight Kiss" now in theaters!

Stuart Ferreyra
Timecode Multimedia
Colorist / Finisher / Consultant
Off: 310.826.9199
AIM: stuart.colorist
http://www.timecodemultimedia.com

"HD, 2K & RED Post Production for Indies at Affordable Rates"

Return to posts index

Jeff Bloch
on Sep 16, 2008 at 3:54:23 am

How did they fix it? I'm having the same issue... and of course on deadline.

Jeff Bloch
Commercial Production Manager
CBS Television, Sacramento

Return to posts index

Thompson Coles
on Sep 16, 2008 at 2:18:11 pm

The solution is only a workaround. you need to duplicate the kona capture profile that you want to use..DV 50 , or whatever. Then rename it so that it becomes a custom profile. after you rename it, go into the profile and change the input from 625 to 525. verify that all of the other setting are as they should by and your card will stop switching formats at capture. you must of course use the profile that you created ...

I hope that this works well for you.
Let me know

Thompson

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]