FORUMS: list search recent posts

output to digibeta framerate problem

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Tatum
output to digibeta framerate problem
on Aug 25, 2008 at 7:47:17 am

I'm having the hardest time doing insert edits to an A500 without there being a framerate problem. My sequence is 720x486, the fields of all the footage is set to lower and all resolutions match. If the show is output from top to bottom, it's fine, but if an insert has to be done to fix something, the framerate on the edit looks like 24p. This can only be seen on a CRT, also. The progressive LCDs don't show it. The issue only seems to be fixed by logging out and logging back into the computer. Anyone else experienced this problem and find a solution? It's making everything take longer than it should and it's not consistant. I could at one point see the sequence played out before it went into tape and it looked problematic on the deck monitor, but not on the canvas in FCP.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: output to digibeta framerate problem
on Aug 26, 2008 at 1:29:20 am

Is this an HD sequence that is being downconverted to SD with the Kona control panel, or is this a simple SD sequence (29.97), that you are just having bizarre problems when outputting to a Digi Beta VTR.

Because I CAN tell you that if you don't have a single black generator genlocking the AJA Kona and the Ref Video IN of your DVW-A500 Digi Beta VTR, you will have nothing but aggrivation. If you do have a black gen, go into your Kona Control Panel, and click on CONTROL tab. Is it set to EXT REFERENCE (which is correct), or is it set to Internal or Video IN (both wrong). You will get NUMEROUS errors (like channel condition errors, audio distortion, audio disappearing, etc.) if you don't genlock your Digi Beta VTR to your edit system. And yes, this happens with AVID systems too.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]