Wow I'm shocked at how easy this was to do.
I am looking at a 720 24p Prores sequence and holding a 1080 60i master in my hand and I didn't even need a sync generator to pull it off, sweet!
Thx to Rudy over at AJA for the tips...
No documentation however one recommendation: Menu 309 on the VTR set it to
720p24 is displayed as 720p59.94.
To cross-convert on capture:
1) Go to AJA control panel -> format and set secondary to 720p59.94.
2) Setup FCP with a AJA Kona 1080i29.97 easy setup.
To cross-convert on playback:
1) Setup FCP with a AJA Kona 720p23.98 easy setup.
2) Set the video playback to AJA Kona 720p59.94.
3) Go to AJA control panel and set secondary to 1080i29.97.
4) Go to AJA control panel -> analog or digital out and set to secondary.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Technical Dir. ICS