FORUMS: list search recent posts

*NEW* AJA KONA v6.0 software available now

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
AJA Sales Department
*NEW* AJA KONA v6.0 software available now
on Aug 19, 2008 at 10:41:41 pm

Hello,

Available today at the Support section of our website is new version 6.0 software for the KONA lineup (as well as new v6.0 software for Io HD, see details on the Io Cow page). New features and fixes include:

*KONA New Features*

- RED Support added (KONA 3)

For more details on KONA 3 support for RED workflows, consult the version 6.0 manual, page 24.

*PLEASE NOTE* When working with RED Easy Setups, AJA recommends changing the Dynamic RT setting to "Unlimited RT" for the best playback results.

- Active Video Output Filter added (KONA 3 and KONA LH)

*KONA Improvements and Fixes*

- 64 bit firmware update (KONA 3)

- General improvements to A/V sync performance (entire KONA product line)

- Custom LUT support now implemented for dual link output to single link output (KONA 3)

- General improvements for multi-user environments (entire KONA product line)

NOTE: There is important configuration and installation information contained in the READ-ME for the KONA software releases, so please be sure to read it completely.

KONA v6.0 software can be found here:

http://www.aja.com/html/support_swd.html

... be sure to download the appropriate software package for each KONA product type (KONA 3, KONA LHe, etc.) Again, read thoroughly the READ-ME and all information pertaining to the installation and use of the KONA v6.0 software.

As always, feel free to contact us with any additional questions.

Thank you,

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Glenn Grant
Re: *NEW* AJA KONA v6.0 software available now
on Aug 20, 2008 at 4:36:14 am

I know how much everyone love to rush out and get the latest updates, so I will jump under the bus with this one. I am between projects right now and I just installed a Kona 3 last week so I don't have much to compare it to (look for my other posts as I get it all dialed in).

So far it does seem better at least the three hours I played around today it did run stable. I used the desktop out feature and that worked fine. Before the update I was having trouble with log and capture not playing back video, I would get audio and TC but no picture. I think it had something to do with the control setting in the control panel. I had to change the settings for log and capture, and then back again for regular playback. That does not seem to be an issue anymore. I don't know if it is an improvement, or if I just finally got everything set right. (I am going from HDV through a Convergent Design SI to HD-SDI in)

I do like the option to hide some of the output settings. Boy that was one long drop down menu. I'll let you all know about the RED settings once I get to the top of the waiting list.

Return to posts index

Christopher Tay
on Aug 20, 2008 at 5:06:30 am

I just did an update on a Kona LH system with FCP 6.0.4 and OSX 10.5.4 and am having issues with PAL SD 10bit Uncompressed capture.

It will prompt the error message :

Codec error. The image frame size may not be supported.

The AJA 8bit Uncompressed PAL SD capture preset is ok and I deleted the AJA 10bit Uncompressed PAL SD preset and made a duplicate of the AJA 8bit Uncompressed and changed the Compressor to 10bit and still no good.

Also when that message occurs, it will affect the AJA 8bit Uncompressed PAL SD capture as it will report of dropped frame. The workaround is to close and reopen the Log & Capture window.

Also, in the capture preset, if it change the Digitizer to AJA 10-bit Digitizer, I get a General Error error.

Anyone in PAL land seen this behaviour as well ?

I'm going to try on another system to see if it's consistent.

-chrispy

Return to posts index

Stuart Simpson
on Aug 20, 2008 at 9:54:06 am

Did you install the LH version of the driver? If so where did you download it from?

-Simmie
3 MacPros - Kona 3 & Kona LH
2 G5s - Kona LH
2 G4s - Cinewave
xbox360, Wii, PSP, PS2
http://www.speak.co.uk

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 20, 2008 at 2:59:03 pm

Chrispy-

Did you uninstall 5.1 then install v6?

DId you have left over easy setups from the 5.1 install?

Return to posts index

Stuart Simpson
on Aug 20, 2008 at 9:16:41 am

I can only see Version 6 software for Kona 3 - Kona LH is still on version 5.1 - The release notes mention the LH though...

-Simmie
2 G5s - Kona LH
2 G4s - Cinewave
xbox360, Wii, PSP, PS2

Return to posts index

Stuart Simpson
on Aug 20, 2008 at 10:34:09 am

[Stuart Simpson] "I can only see Version 6 software for Kona 3 - Kona LH is still on version 5."

Never mind - the website seems to have automagically updated itself... Downloading now!

-Simmie
2 G5s - Kona LH
2 G4s - Cinewave
xbox360, Wii, PSP, PS2

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
Re: *NEW* AJA KONA v6.0 Premiere support?
on Aug 20, 2008 at 5:49:24 pm

Maybe I'm dreaming, but wasn't there supposed to be Premiere support too?

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
on Aug 20, 2008 at 6:08:26 pm

Hi Jason,

Our plugins for Adobe Production Premium CS3 apps will be a separate download, set to be released very soon. The release of our v6.0 KONA driver software needed to happen first, as the new Adobe OSX application plugins require it.

We will post information when they released, here on the Cow and on our website.

Thank you,

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Aug 20, 2008 at 6:20:09 pm

Good News! Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Paul Bertham
German Audio Standard
on Aug 21, 2008 at 3:45:32 pm

and what about the German Audio Standard?
did you left it somewhere on the way to Kona 6 software release?

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: German Audio Standard
on Aug 22, 2008 at 3:05:15 pm

[Paul Bertham] "and what about the German Audio Standard? "

What are you referring to Paul?

I do not know of a specific audio standard for Germany?

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows
Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

Paul Bertham
Re: German Audio Standard
on Aug 24, 2008 at 9:51:42 pm

Hi,

its easy to explain.

AjA Tech support: "The Kona only supports +18dBu EU standard and +24dBu US standard but not the +15dBu German standard."

means: AjA has only: SMPTE-ref(+24dbu) und den EBU-ref(+18dbu), so i ALWAYS have to re-adjust my audio and it's driving me nuts.

but there are more and finally Blackmagic Design changed their minds after a longer "war" from german editors and made it possible to change your gain Analog and Doigital I/O settings in the control panel completely freely.
but this is only possible in Multibridge and HD Extreme Cards.

You have to know that there are a few funny jokers at AjA and BMD and they think they can do what THEY want not what the customer needs.

but hey, they're both not the only manufacturers. take a look at "Motu" hardware, it will blow you away.

so far.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]