FORUMS: list search recent posts

No Video on Input

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Smith
No Video on Input
on Aug 13, 2008 at 2:42:42 pm

I have a Kona 3 card in a MacPro that has started giving me a "No Video" message on the SDI input side of the card. I have deck control, but no video input. I have checked all my settings compared to another computer with the same card and hardware. I cannot figure out why the machine all of a sudden has lost video input. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: No Video on Input
on Aug 13, 2008 at 5:00:06 pm

You are seeing this in the control panel or FCP?

Return to posts index

Alan Smith
on Aug 13, 2008 at 5:10:48 pm

in the control panel. When I go to Log and Capture in FCP, I get no video. I have deck control, but no video.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 13, 2008 at 6:07:17 pm

And you are sure that you are sending proper video? If you take the video in to the card and put it in to a monitor, do you see video?

Return to posts index

Alan Smith
on Aug 13, 2008 at 6:36:02 pm

We have 10 workstations, all of which are configured exactly the same. When sitting at this specific workstation, I have deck control. I can preview the video through a preview monitor. I can monitor audio through control room speakers. The cards control panel is configured exactly the same as all the other workstations. I get no video message on the SDI in 1 and SDI in 2 inputs. I am very confused.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 13, 2008 at 6:54:07 pm

If you can, try uninstalling and reinstalling your dirvers. This will trash your FCP prefs so be prepared to lose some settings.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Aug 14, 2008 at 2:51:48 am

Alan,
this is a very painful post. You have not described your system AT ALL ? How are you feeding your Kona 3 - EXACTLY what is going into your Kona 3. You have 10 rooms - do you have 10 HD VTR's, or are you being fed by a patch bay, or a routing switcher. Is there a VTR in the room ? What kind of VTR is it ? Is the HD-SDI output of the VTR going into the HD IN 1 on the K3 box ? Do you have a K3 box ?
Is the INPUT tab on the Kona control panel switched to IN 1 ? Where is your FORMAT TAB set to in the Kona control panel ?

If you have a VTR locally in your room (of your 10 identical rooms), this will be easy to diagnose over the internet. However, if you are in a facility, that is being fed by a house router or patch bay from a machine room, and you are not getting an input to your Kona 3 from the machine room, this could be a nightmare to diagnose, because there could be 100 things wrong in your machine room (patch bay and router errors) that could be causing this. Just because the other 9 rooms work, does not mean that you don't have a bad cable (or even a wrong menu setting in the control panel).

If you give me a little information about your room, and about your setup, and exactly WHAT is the source to your Kona 3, perhaps I can help you.

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]