FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA HD10AVA vs Kona LHe

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Mitchell
AJA HD10AVA vs Kona LHe
on Aug 11, 2008 at 11:27:37 am

Hi there,

I wondered if anyone could confirm a hunch I have about the AJA HD10AVA converter I am looking to purchase.

My video card is Kona 3. I'm doing the online for a project shot on the Sony z1. Obviously I can't capture from it with a Kona 3 since it is not an SDI camera.

I believe this will enable me to capture through the Kona 3 card and with acceptable results? I would prefer to avoid an LHe (don't get HDV gigs often enough to justify), so if anyone can advise me about the HD10AVA in this situation that would be really helpful.

I appreciate any feedback.

Ben

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: AJA HD10AVA vs Kona LHe
on Aug 11, 2008 at 12:17:53 pm

[Ben Mitchell] "I believe this will enable me to capture through the Kona 3 card and with acceptable results? I would prefer to avoid an LHe (don't get HDV gigs often enough to justify), so if anyone can advise me about the HD10AVA in this situation that would be really helpful. "

We have two of the HD10AVA's connected to our two Sony M15U's for this very reason. They work flawlessly running the component to SDI into our Kona 3's.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Ben Mitchell
on Aug 13, 2008 at 9:18:54 am

I've since picked one up and I agree that the results are outstanding. Thanks a lot for the advice.

Ben Mitchell

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Aug 13, 2008 at 11:28:56 am

Glad that worked out for you Ben.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]