FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Playback Clunky

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Crystal Behrends
Video Playback Clunky
on Jul 31, 2008 at 9:35:09 pm

Hello,

Recently, we started having trouble playing our sequences in FCP. When the sequence starts to play, the video starts to get choppy/clunky and the audio/video sync is off. The choppiness was minimal at first and we'd have to stop the sequence and then play again for the audio/video to sync up correctly. A week later, the choppiness got even worse and now we're trying to figure out how to fix this problem.

We've installed the latest update for Kona, both 5.1 and 5.1NDD, but both did not fix the problem. We've also double-checked the Kona panel to make sure it is playing back at the right frame rate and made sure our video playback settings are right.

What are we missing here? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Specs:
Mac OSX 10.4.11
2x3GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon
4GB RAM
FCP 6.0.3
AJA Kona LHe 5.1

Return to posts index

Orm Embar
Re: Video Playback Clunky
on Aug 1, 2008 at 11:00:57 am

Hi,
Exactly the same problem here. Everything was fine a few weeks ago... And now choppy playback in FCP! Any Luck?

OSX 10.5.3
Mac Pro 2x2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
7GB 667 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM
FCP 6.0.3
AJA Kona LHe 5.1

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on Aug 1, 2008 at 2:10:36 pm

We had studdery playback issues for a while along with sync issues. We ran the PCI Bridge app and changed our Kona slot to run at 4x instead of 2x. That solved it. We had everything in the correct slot, the correct RAM and fast hard drives.

Intel Quad Core, pre 2008, Leopard, 5.1.1 NDD Kona drivers.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on Aug 1, 2008 at 2:13:01 pm

Here's the location of the app.

The Expansion Slot Utility application. This application is found in the following directory location on your Mac Pro: System/Library/CoreServices.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

Orm Embar
on Aug 1, 2008 at 2:51:03 pm

Hi Rich,
Thanks alot! That really worked... cool... It is fine now. I do not know how the setting changed.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Crystal Behrends
on Aug 1, 2008 at 4:50:48 pm

Thank you! I will try that as well.

Return to posts index

Crystal Behrends
on Aug 11, 2008 at 6:59:40 pm

Hello again,

So I tried changing the settings in the PCI Bridge app, but that didn't solve my problem. I have this ONE project that plays clunky and the rest of the projects play fine. It's very odd. I rendered out a Quicktime movie and it still plays clunky.

I had my co-worker take the Quicktime movie into his FCP and it plays fine! We just cannot figure out why its playing back so clunky on my system. Any other suggestions?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]