FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP crashes at the end of capture

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pawel Krzeminski
FCP crashes at the end of capture
on Jul 24, 2008 at 10:09:40 pm

Hi, today I tried to capture some footage from Digibeta deck and everytime I do that FCP is crashing after he captures last clip. It never happened before
My setup:
MacPro 2xquad core
FCP 6.0.4
Aja Kona 3 capture card
I use Sony digital beta deck and sony HD deck - over SDI.

What I usually do is look over a tape - mark things I want to grab, marking each shot and then I use Batch capture to get all the files at once.

I've never had any problems with that.

I usually work with 625i25 settings - for PAL capture

When I click batch capture it does actually capture all the files - i see the quicktime files in Capture Scratch of designated project but after last event when the program wants to close the capture window my cursor changes to "busy" circle - FCP process is not responding and it ***** 1 full core of CPU. When I Force Quit it. and relaunch again FCP does not have the files I have just grabbed in the project bin. They are captured on disk but are not linked in the project.

What can cause this things. its really frustrating.

Thanks in advance
Pawel

Return to posts index

Ken Botelho
Re: FCP crashes at the end of capture
on Jul 25, 2008 at 12:49:13 am

Hmmm try the simple things first like trashing your prefs and trying again, or another quick and dirty way to find out if its a software issue, create a new OS X user and then trying the batch capture under that account... Worth a shot

PS: you can also monitor your system in real-time by typing "tail -f /var/log/system.log" in the terminal, maybe you might catch the crash in the act

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Jul 25, 2008 at 1:32:04 am

[Ken Botelho] "PS: you can also monitor your system in real-time by typing "tail -f /var/log/system.log" in the terminal, maybe you might catch the crash in the act"

why not just open the Console.app and you will watch it, and you will be able to see it afterwards.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows
Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

Ken Botelho
on Jul 25, 2008 at 1:42:22 am

That works too... I guess us Unix heads can never let go of the command-line :)

Return to posts index

Pawel Krzeminski
on Jul 25, 2008 at 8:22:51 pm

thanks guys for some ideas. I have no previous experience with mac OsX so every administrative task is a mystery to me. I checked logs - they wre spanned with some aja error. One of my friends suggested to create different user and try to capture on that one. Once I have loged to new user I wasn't able to write to my Gspeed raid array, so I used my main HD as a scratch. But I could not get any image when capturing at all. When I got back to my old account all I could do is remote control my digibeta deck - no video also. I decided to uninstall all aja software and drivers, rebooted and install them again. It worked - wow, I was a bit worried cos I need to capture and record every day.
Still have no idea what caused it and how can I stay safe from that bug.

thanks for you're feedback again
cheers
Pawel

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]