FORUMS: list search recent posts

Output to Beta Machine

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony West
Output to Beta Machine
on Jul 17, 2008 at 1:53:58 am

Hi, I have a Kona LSe card and I use Final Cut Studio 2. Here's teh problem, recently when I try to "print to video" my Beta machine reads "No INPUT!" I have every setting correct (as far as I know) in my control panel and on FCP. I called the AJA tech support - who were wonderful by the way - and together we went through everything from plugging in the card to settings on the VTR. I even used another Beta deck and got the same results. AJA nicely sent me a new cable for the card and I'm getting the same results. Is it the card, or is there an easy something I missed?

Thanks,

Tony

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Output to Beta Machine
on Jul 17, 2008 at 2:08:20 am

no input happens when you have NO INPUT. So let me ask some stupid qustions here. If you open up your project (or even just the AJA Control Panel, and select COLOR BARS in the control tab), and you send these bars from the Kona LSe output to the Beta VTR input, and you look at the output of the Beta VTR on a TV monitor - do you see a picture ? Because if you don't, the little INPUT SELECTOR switch is in the wrong position. AND, if you have a Beta 1800, if you have the input selector to Y PbPr (for component), and the little black switch on the rear of the 1800 is in the "down" position (by the component inputs), you won't get a video input either.

SO, I just want to be sure that you are actually seeing an image on your TV monitor from your Beta VTR, while you are inputting a simple video signal from your Kona LHe (are you? )

IF you do see a video signal on your TV monitor, but don't see it when you "print to tape", that's another story, which I will discuss with you when you respond to my question.

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Tony West
on Jul 17, 2008 at 5:03:20 pm

Thank you for the response. I went through the switches check. I can see tapes I play on the Beta in the monitor and I can export from the Beta to the Kona no problem, but I can't see anything I send from the AJA.

Tony

Shut the **** up, Donnie

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jul 17, 2008 at 5:12:40 pm

if I were you, I would take the Out Y connector from the LSe and stick it directly into a TV monitor. Open the AJA control panel, and click on the Control tab, and select TEST PATTERN, like color bars.

If you see nothing, either the cable from the AJA is dead, or the AJA LSe is dead. (Certainly reload the AJA drivers from the AJA website before requesting another card).

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Tony West
on Jul 17, 2008 at 6:10:02 pm

I put the Out Y connector on the monitor and got a signal, so I assumed the card was working properly, so I again switched Beta machines and this time everything works perfect. Thank you for your help and responses. It's people like you that make the COW the best resource on the web. Thanks again.

Tony West

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]