FORUMS: list search recent posts

VTR XChange prefs

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent Kennedy
VTR XChange prefs
on Jul 14, 2008 at 12:06:11 am

When I got my new MacPro, and upgraded to Kona 3, I migrated my apps and docs from the old computer, a G5 2.5GhzDP. After un-installing the Kona 2 software, and installing all of the new software for the 3, I am unable to launch VTR XChange. It loads the capture window, and then spins the beachball, and then I get the window that the app quit unexpectedly, ignore, relaunch, etc.

Any idea where the prefs file for this app is located? That's my first suspicion...

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: VTR XChange prefs
on Jul 14, 2008 at 2:42:30 pm

You want my advice? No? Well, here it goes anyway.

Stop what you're doing right now and start over. In my opinion, it is best to NOT migrate applications over from PPC to intel on production machines. You never know what was left on your old system that can trip up your new one. Start with a fresh install of the OS, then update the OS and all of it's parts, then start installing FCP fresh and update all of it's parts, then install the latest Kona drivers for your version of FCP. Then install all the rest of your software goodies. It's the key to a stable machine and yes it's a pain in the ass.

If you feel that you want to tell me to go jump in the lake for such crazy advice, the preferences are located in your User > Library > Preferences folder with a name of "com.diaquest.AjaVtrXchange.plist".

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jul 15, 2008 at 2:10:30 am

Brent thinks "but I don't have time to do this - I am so busy, and it takes hours to get all of this stuff loaded".

My advice - follow Jeremy's advice. You are destined for failure without a clean install.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jul 15, 2008 at 2:14:19 am

[Brent Kennedy] "When I got my new MacPro, and upgraded to Kona 3, I migrated my apps and docs from the old computer, a G5 2.5GhzDP"

Absolutely the wrong thing to do. NEVER migrate your pro apps from one system to another, especially an older model G5. Install everything fresh on the new machine.

Erase your entire hard drive and start all over. install the OS, update, Install Studio 2, Update, Install the Kona drivers and so on.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]