FORUMS: list search recent posts

analog component capture problem

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Curlee
analog component capture problem
on Jul 10, 2008 at 10:41:21 pm

I know this is a topic that comes up a lot but I have read the manual and the Kona White Paper about HDV/DVCProHD workflow. I have searched the forum but can't seem to find what is probably a simple answer to a basic question. (I have a quad G5, Kona LHe, FCP 6.04, Sony M10-U)

I have a project with multiple formats of elements, mostly HDV, but some DV. Final output is SD DVD.

I would like to capture and edit in the DVCPro HD codec, and have created an easy set up per the documentation I have, but the FCP doesn't see any video coming from the deck, though it lets me control it via firewire. The Kona control panel likewise doesn't see the incoming analog component video. I followed the Kona white paper re setting the deck to down convert. I have switched out cables and reseated the card. Either the card or I am broken. The log and capture window says "Preview Disabled." If I try to capture anyway I get "Operation could not be completed as there is no video." Please refer me to the page or post I am missing.

Many Thanks,

Jay

Jay Curlee

JC Communications
Makers of Rocking the Boat: A Musical Conversation and Journey
http://www.rockingtheboatmovie.com

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
Re: analog component capture problem
on Jul 12, 2008 at 6:29:18 pm

You try starting the video and hit Capture Now?

Return to posts index

Jerry Alto
Re: analog component capture problem
on Jul 12, 2008 at 6:56:37 pm

Jay- You are not broken... your in HDV hell!

Your first and maybe your only problem may be-

[Jay Curlee] "re setting the deck to down convert"

The deck should not be in down convert. You want HD coming out of the deck if you are going to use the DVCPro HD codec. Use Mr. Zelin's instructions and quit out of FCP and work in your Kona Control panel until you get everything working. Then go to FCP and choose the correct Easy Setup.

HTH,
Jerry
'Change is inevitable. Struggle is optional.'

G5 Dual 3GB Ram
FCP Studio 6.02
External 1 TB SATA Raid 0
Kona LH, Second system w AJA ioLA
Sony Z-1
GV-HD700

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved