FORUMS: list search recent posts

no audio in p2 log and transfer

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Irwin
no audio in p2 log and transfer
on Jul 2, 2008 at 7:31:34 pm

I've got a problem that has cropped up where I can't hear the audio of clips when I play them in the FCP log and transfer window. I know the audio is there because the meters in the log and transfer window are bouncing, and if I import the clip I can hear the audio just fine in the canvas or the viewer. Can't think of what the problem would be.
I have tried changing the playback and external video/audio settings to no effect. I found a few threads in a search about the problem but no real solutions. A few folks claimed trashing prefs did the trick, but not for me unfortunately.

Macpro 3ghz 4gig ram 10.5.4 FCP 6.0.4 Kona LH driver 5.1NDD

gracias, tim

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: no audio in p2 log and transfer
on Jul 2, 2008 at 8:00:38 pm

You won't hear it out of your Kona card if that's what you are trying to do. You need to listen to it through the Mac headphone output which should be tied into your mixer.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Tim Irwin
on Jul 2, 2008 at 9:15:54 pm

Jeremy,

Thanks for the advice, but in a strange twist, I plugged a cable into the speaker out jack on the macpro, plugged that into my mixer and when I went to log and capture.... SOUND! hooray, but it WAS coming from the kona outputs???? I turned the mac audio out all the way down on the mackie mixer to confirm, and yes, it was coming from the kona. No idea what fixed it. But for now it works.

thanks, tim

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 2, 2008 at 9:23:41 pm

Do you have your Kona running your system sounds?

You will notice that when you use log and transfer, the Kona will swap back and forth between what is controlling it (namely FCP or the Control Panel). I find that it's easier to leave the Kona for system sounds off and listen the to system sounds from the mac. While you have it working now, it will change in the future, especially when you start ingesting a bunch of clips while you log some others.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Tim Irwin
on Jul 5, 2008 at 8:34:21 pm

Jeremy,

ok, as you said, It worked for a bit then later that day, wasn't working. So I routed the line out of the mac pro to the mixer and in the control panel set the system sounds to line out. Log and transfer still seems to randomly decide to let me hear audio. There seems to be no reason to whether or not i can hear audio while playing clips in the log and transfer window. When audio does play through, so far it has always been through the kona regardless of the system sounds setting in the mac control panel.
Any further thoughts?

-Tim

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 5, 2008 at 10:28:02 pm

Turn the Kona completely off when logging and transferring? Set External Video and Audio to none.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

David Coleman
on Dec 17, 2008 at 3:26:11 pm

So far the best thing that works for me is refreshing the A/V devices under the view menu (alt-f12).

HTH
David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]