FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capture Problems

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Jeffares
Capture Problems
on Jun 28, 2008 at 12:58:27 pm

Having capture problems using AJA Kona & DVD Pro 50. After I capture a clip, the clip does not show up in the browser. It is on the drive, but is not complete (small file size) and will not open in FCP or QT. It is happening with small 10-14 minute clips and full hour clips. I need help as I have 30 hours worth of tape to capture and I keep chasing my tail!

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Capture Problems
on Jun 29, 2008 at 1:22:21 pm

Post what your drive setup is, the version of FCP, OS, and QuickTime you're running as well as the drivers for the Kona Card, and the deck you're using to capture from. This is SDI with the deck controlled with RS-422, right?

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer

Author: "Jerry Hofmann on Final Cut Pro 4" Click here

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO, CD's

Return to posts index

Jeff Jeffares
Re: Capture Problems
on Jun 29, 2008 at 1:37:54 pm

Thanks for the response Jerry,

I was by myself in the office yesterday & needed some quick advice. We have narrowed it down to our 9TB G-RAID that we have on a 1G ethernet. Have moved to a local drive and the problem has cleared up. We have just moved into a new office and have not gotten everything up to speed yet. My tech is coming in Monday to straighten things out.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]