FORUMS: list search recent posts

RT BITC via Kona

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Johnson
RT BITC via Kona
on Jun 24, 2008 at 10:56:22 pm

Alright Gentlemen:

I've often wondered about the "use QT Timecode" in the AJA Control Panel and how/if it works.

I did a quick search before posting and found that people see to be having mixed success with this function, what I did not see was how to get it to work.

Sorry if this is ridiculously redundant.

Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: RT BITC via Kona
on Jun 25, 2008 at 4:19:30 am

What timecode are you trying to get? Sequence timecode?

Return to posts index

Eric Johnson
on Jun 25, 2008 at 4:42:26 pm

That's as good a place to start as any.

I primarily am just wondering about the function in general, in the past I've never gotten anything out of it. And I had been told that it didn't work by others, so I never gave to much thought. Now I'm reading on the forum here that it indeed works.

I guess I'm wondering if there are circumstances in which it works and others in which it doesn't?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 25, 2008 at 5:04:18 pm

It will always read clip tc if you play clips via AJA TV but not in 720p23.98 or 525p23.98.

Sequence tc will work if your sequence is NOT 23.98 720p or 525, but will work if it's 1080psf23.98 as that's a recognized format with true 24p tc. The Kona won't do the on the fly tc conversion necessary when adding the pulldown to certain 23.98 formats.

Check the 'Use QT Timecode' option to get what you want from FCP.

Does that help?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Eric Johnson
on Jun 25, 2008 at 5:15:14 pm

It does help, and it explained why it's never worked in the past, I was on a 720p23.98 when I was trying to get this to work.

Those are the only two formats that this function doesn't work on? Am I understanding that correctly?

I appreciate the input.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 25, 2008 at 5:27:48 pm

[Eric Johnson] "hose are the only two formats that this function doesn't work on?"

WEll, I haven't tried every combination and permutation, but as I see it, it's really anything that isn't supported by SMPTE will no be recognized. 720p23.98 is just a fantasy when it comes to SMPTE. Since 23.98 needs to be displayed as 59.94 on a monitor, the tc conversion doesn't hold up.

Make sense?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]