FORUMS: list search recent posts

QT 7.5 fixes LiveType & keyer issues with K3

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch Ives
QT 7.5 fixes LiveType & keyer issues with K3
on Jun 12, 2008 at 1:19:09 pm

The release of QuickTime 7.5 appears to have fixed the problems that 7.4.5 introduced, with regard to LiveType elements not rendering and green screen keying software not working with the K3 enabled for output. It not only cured our existing setup, but a complete erase and reinstall of all software verified that it is indeed gone.

I'd like to thank:

1) The users here, on the FCP forum and the LiveType forum who verified my reports and diligently reported this to Apple. This is a great example of how useful the COW can be.

2) Apple for contacting me after my detailed feedback report... and for taking this seriously.

3) Rudy and the team at AJA for getting involved and testing on their end.

4) The folks at Red Giant for getting involved and through testing, discovered that it affected many keyers, including Apple's own.

We're back in business and can now use Primatte again, one of the best chroma-keyers we've ever used...

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.
mitch@insightproductions.com

Return to posts index

Tom Brooks
Re: QT 7.5 fixes LiveType & keyer issues with K3
on Jun 14, 2008 at 4:57:16 pm

Thank you for your thoughtful pursuit of the problem. Your contributions are appreciated.

Final Cut Studio 2, FCP 6.0.3, Mac OS-X 10.4.11, Quicktime 7.4.5, After Effects 6.5 Pro, G5 Quad 2.5, Kona-LHe V5.1, 4.5GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 7800-GT 256MB, G-RAID 2x1TB FW800, 6TB RAID-5 (Enhance E8-ML, Highpoint 2322), Panasonic HVX-200P P2.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]