FORUMS: list search recent posts

Konh IO HD

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Rubasch
Konh IO HD
on Jun 8, 2008 at 11:28:28 pm

Got the latest DV magazine the other day and saw the ad for the IO HD looking out the airplane window and it read, "A view from your edit bay." I thought the IO required a 120v source, making it a little less than portable in most instances. And unless you get a 120v outlet at your seat in an airplane, or they run an extension cord to your seat, you aren't going to be running the IO HD on a plane.

Just an observation...I'm right about the power source?

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Konh IO HD
on Jun 9, 2008 at 1:33:36 pm

[Rich Rubasch] "Just an observation...I'm right about the power source? "

you are correct about the power, but have you looked into a power inverter ? It just fits on the tray table in a first class seat, and I bet you think all of those cars being shown driving thru rain and snow and up the sides of building are real too. (it is a joke)

Actually, I regularly cut projects on airplanes, (sans my iohd mind you) and I have taken my IoHD into rain soaked forests and used it for capture on a wind sweep beach in Dubai where it faired better than the cameras did.

So the concept of the marketing that the unit is portable, which it is, is sound. I have dragged one all over the world in my suitcase-it fits inside my standard 22" carry on, with cables 2 drives, and all my cabling with room to spare for 3 days worth of clothes.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows
Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jun 9, 2008 at 9:04:47 pm

If you bring the I/O HD on the plane (with a power inverter), what about all the gear that you want to plug into the I/O HD. Will they let that Digi Beta, HD Cam, Speakers, and 26" LCD monitor on the plane too ? Do these run on the same power inverter ? And even if you did bring all this stuff, would they let all of this on the plane, and let you set it up? What airline is AJA refering to ? I can see it now, your MAC Book Pro, an I/O HD, 17" BTLH1700W (on battery), and a set of Genelecs (you smuggled in the batteries in your shoes to run the Genelecs, and of course, your neighbors in the plane would rather watch you edit than watch the in flight movie).

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 12, 2008 at 8:16:48 pm

Conceptual art gets thrown by the wayside in this instant gratification world we live in.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]