FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona LHe Playback Sync issues

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle Kegley
Kona LHe Playback Sync issues
on Jun 6, 2008 at 7:13:09 pm

I'm having a weird issue with my Kona LHe.

When I open Final Cut Pro and play a clip everything plays in sync as it should... However, if I happen to toggle to Safari, Mail or any other program, as soon as I go back into FCP and play a clip or sequence, the audio plays about 12-15 frames slow. If I restart FCP everything is normal again-- as long as I stay inside FCP for the duration of the edit.

I am assuming this is an Aja problem because if I change my audio output to the Apple line out, it plays fine. Switch it back to Aja and its out of sync.

I've tried trashing prefs, repairing permissions, re-installing Aja driver, updating to 10.5.3, etc, etc.

Mac Pro 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad Core Intel
8 GB Ram
10.5.3 (problem existed on 10.5.2 as well)
FCP 6.0.3

Thanks in advance for any help.

Return to posts index

Laura Gruszczynski
Re: Kona LHe Playback Sync issues
on Jun 26, 2008 at 7:06:08 pm

Kyle,
Did you ever get a response on this?
I have a similar issue but the audio goes tinny when I toggle out of FCP and then back in. I must then toggle out and back in or hide and unhide FCP for it to resolve itself. The AJA folks kept telling me it was my set-up but nothing I did resolved it.
Let me know, Thanks!
Laura Gruszczynski

gruszla

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Jun 26, 2008 at 11:41:49 pm

[Laura Gruszczynski] "The AJA folks kept telling me it was my set-up but nothing I did resolved it. "

Would you go into this with a little more detail?

The Tech Support staff at AJA is one of the best and they would not steer you wrong.

and which FCP / QT versions and formats you are working in is important.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows
Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

Laura Gruszczynski
on Jul 24, 2008 at 11:56:15 am

Hi,
Sorry it took so long to respond.
AJA had me look at the connection/set up from my computer to a Mackie soundboard. They though it might have been the phantom power that had caused the problem, so I turned it off. No change. You can actually hear tiny popping noises when I hide FCP and then unhide it.
Strange.
Laura

gruszla

Return to posts index

Laura Gruszczynski
on Jul 31, 2008 at 12:44:02 pm

I run my audio through a Mackie mixer. The AJA guy thought it might have been the set up between the computer (MacPro) and the mixer. When that didn't appear to be the issue, they then thought it might have been the phantom power switch on the mixer. So I turned that off.
I still have the problem.
Laura

gruszla

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Jul 31, 2008 at 1:29:33 pm

[Laura Gruszczynski] "The AJA folks kept telling me it was my set-up but nothing I did resolved it. "

OK

are you trying to use the Kona for all of the Audio on the computer? DO NOT.

Your system sounds should NOT playback thru the Kona interface, run a separate feed from the computer to your mixer for the computers audio.

Are you sure you are running the latest Kona Driver (use 5.2 NDD if you are not using Shake)

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows
Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]