FORUMS: list search recent posts

SDI 1 input on Kona 3 not working

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Alan
SDI 1 input on Kona 3 not working
on May 31, 2008 at 2:46:05 pm

Anyone else have/had this problem? We have all the latest drivers to date for OSx Tiger, FCS2 and AJA. SDI input 2 works. We have HDcam SR that I need dual link input to the Kona 3.

Best regards,
Gary

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: SDI 1 input on Kona 3 not working
on May 31, 2008 at 2:53:07 pm

Are you setup for dual link? Are you using a Kbox?

Does SDI1 work with single link (4:2:2) ?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Gary Alan
on May 31, 2008 at 3:11:45 pm

We have the box and I tried just sending in a single SDI 422 to #1 input and it does not see it. It works in the #2 input, I move it to # 1 in and the AJA control panel does not show it coming in. I just started working here at a new facility and this was an old problem they left for the new guy. :-)

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 31, 2008 at 3:20:54 pm

[Gary Alan] "We have the box and I tried just sending in a single SDI 422 to #1 input and it does not see it."

Meaning the SDI1 input shows 'No Video' or you haven't right clicked on the SDI1 incoming triangle and chose SDI1?

Return to posts index

Tyler Dixon
on May 31, 2008 at 3:37:01 pm

Shows no video. HDcam SDI out into Kona SDI #2 works and shows video 1080sf23.98

Switch cable to Kona SDI #1 input and the aja control panel does not see it and says no video.

Return to posts index

Tyler Dixon
on May 31, 2008 at 3:38:54 pm

BTW, this is Gary. I am now in Tylers room on the Mac which is the room where I have the problem on the AJA

Gary

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 31, 2008 at 3:50:02 pm

[Tyler Dixon] "I am now in Tylers room on the Mac which is the room where I have the problem on the AJA "

Hmm. CHeck the connection to the box and make sure they are solid, if not try and use the breakout snake and bypass the KBox. Perhaps your KBox is bad.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on May 31, 2008 at 4:02:12 pm

Gary,

Defintely bypass the Kbox as Jeremy says and if all else fails, try reseating the card. Just yesterday I had a similar issue and I was certain my card was dying, but after reseating, everything works again.

Also, uninstall and reinstall the drivers.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, and Indie Film & Documentary forums.

Return to posts index

Tyler Dixon
on May 31, 2008 at 4:14:59 pm

Hello David,

I couldn't find the snake, but re plugging all the small BNCs on the card fixed it.

Gary

Return to posts index

Tyler Dixon
on May 31, 2008 at 4:06:31 pm

I can't find a snake cable for it. The connections appear fine and solid.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on May 31, 2008 at 3:57:37 pm

[Tyler Dixon] really GARY "I am now in Tylers room on the Mac which is the room where I have the problem on the AJA "

thanks for the correction.

are you using the tether or a K3 box, switch to the other if you can- also check the connections - I have seen people "forget" to twist the BNC onto the back of the KBox

Check the Kbox to see if the BNC's all look straight on the back side.

I have had this happen ONLY on my traveling Kona Road Rack - it was physically damaged when an intern used a pair of pliers to get the BNC off of the back of the Kbox - too bad he did not think to turn the pliers.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows
Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

Tyler Dixon
on May 31, 2008 at 4:13:34 pm

Thanx Guys,
I unplugged all the small BNCs on the Mac AJA card and plugged them back in and now it works. I appreciate the help.

Best regards,
Gary

Return to posts index

Gary Alan
on Jun 2, 2008 at 3:12:28 pm

it appears to be an intermittent connection on the smallBNC's that connect to the card in the Mac or the connection on the card.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 2, 2008 at 3:22:24 pm

[Gary Alan] "it appears to be an intermittent connection on the smallBNC's that connect to the card in the Mac or the connection on the card."

You should try and track down the cable snake and eliminate your problems from there.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Gary Alan
on Jun 2, 2008 at 5:04:38 pm

I just started working here a few weeks ago. No one here knows where the snake cable is or if we have one. Just the K3 box. Room is busy now. Later I plan on switching the small bncs from 1 to 2. It was only SDI 1 input that was flaky. If problem moves to SDI 2 input with the #1 BNC, then the plug/cable is the culprit. If it Stays on the card #1 input, then the card connector is flaky. Someone probably yanked the cable too many times before I got here.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]