FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capture Problem (clips first 5 seconds)

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Kelly
Capture Problem (clips first 5 seconds)
on May 22, 2008 at 10:30:43 pm

Hey guys,

I've got a Kona LH on a Power Mac G5. I'm using Virtual VTR to capture. Strange problem capturing. Originally when I set this up, I had it capturing to a firewire drive. It captured fine, with the exception of it clipped off the first few seconds of the capture. So I tried capturing to the systems drive and it worked fine. Seeing as that worked, I figured the problem was the firewire. So I decided to capture the clip to the system drive, and have it auto push the file to the firewire drive after it was done capturing.

Everything was great, except I really wasn't excited about using the system drive as my capture, especially when we're going to start capturing HD here pretty soon. DV isn't too bad, but I don't trust a capture that's 4x the size.

So I dropped a 1TB SATA on the 2nd SATA port of the G5... and I'm getting that stupid clipping of the first 5 or so seconds. Is there something that the system drive is doing that's causing this problem? I tried the system test... and the 1TB drive is significantly faster than the system drive. I have the 1TB drive formatted HFS, but not journalled. Does that make a difference?

Thanks in advance.
Chris

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Capture Problem (clips first 5 seconds)
on May 22, 2008 at 11:50:33 pm

Have you contacted Mark Gilbert about this?

not really a Kona issue - have you tried the AJA app called VTR Exchange?

http://www.aja.com/ajashare/AJA_VTR_Xchangev3.tar

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows
Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

Chris Kelly
Re: Capture Problem (clips first 5 seconds)
on May 23, 2008 at 1:09:20 am

I have talked with Mark before, but not on this issue. I may have brought it up with him, but stopped pursuing it because it worked on the system drive. I'll contact him. Frankly, the reason I brought it up here was I thought it was an OS or hardware thing that someone may have run into here.

Thanks for the help.
Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]