FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona LHe FCP timecode via HD/SDI

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christina Crawley
Kona LHe FCP timecode via HD/SDI
on May 22, 2008 at 7:04:21 pm

My company has a Cannon XHG1 camera that we do a lot of live recording with via the HD/SDI out of the camera directly into the Kona LHe card. The SOP has been to capture in FCP with the "Non Controllable Device" and "Capture Now." As an editor, I am not happy with this because I have no time code! In AJA's control panel I can see the timecode is coming in with the video and audio all in THE SAME HD/SDI, but I cannot figure out how to have FCP recognize and use that time code. What FCP settings do I need to be able to have time code along with the "Capture Now" method?

Again, the stats are:
- Cannon XHG1
- HD/SDI contains video/audio/time code
- Kona LHe
- FCP 6.0.1
- 1080i 29.97

The question: How can I make FCP see and record the time code being delivered with the HD/SDI video and audio?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Kona LHe FCP timecode via HD/SDI
on May 23, 2008 at 2:36:29 am

[Christina Crawley] "What FCP settings do I need to be able to have time code along with the "Capture Now" method? "

That would be the voodoo, magical, non-existent puff of smoke settings in the FCP preferences that only show up when you're running VIsta. Just kidding.

For some reason, when you switch to non controllable device, FCP stops passing the time code to the QT file. It's a shortcoming of FCP.

Instead use VTR Exchange (free from AJA) to capture all of your LTC via HDSDI (along with audio and video goodies).

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]