FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bad Satamax...Help!! Promax is Gone:(

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Kerstein
Bad Satamax...Help!! Promax is Gone:(
on May 14, 2008 at 8:08:58 pm

Well......now that Promax is gone and there is no more tech support for me. I'll need you Gary and everyone else a lot more!
Anyone know how to get a satamax back up with a volume that does not light up on the front panel? Disc Utility does not see it to run a repair disc.

Aloha & Mahalo from Maui

Return to posts index

John Sellman
Re: Bad Satamax...Help!! Promax is Gone:(
on May 15, 2008 at 2:43:42 pm

Pull the drives out and put them back one at a time. This may work. It did for me. Otherwise, the drive that doesn't light up may be dead.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on May 15, 2008 at 2:55:40 pm

[Matt Kerstein] "Well......now that Promax is gone and there is no more tech support for me. I'll need you Gary and everyone else a lot more!"

No, actually they're not completely gone as was posted either in this forum or the Business & Marketing forum last week. As stated on their website, they are continuing to serve the immediate needs of their customers while they re-group. They do plan to reopen at some time and they might be available right now for tech support.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Terence Curren
on May 17, 2008 at 5:23:28 pm

[walter biscardi] "No, actually they're not completely gone as was posted either in this forum or the Business & Marketing forum last week. As stated on their website, they are continuing to serve the immediate needs of their customers while they re-group. They do plan to reopen at some time and they might be available right now for tech support.
"

No, they are gone. They are trying to get someone else to pick up their client base. Dan Hatch is moving back east to a new job. The support staff have all been found new jobs with former competitors. It's over.

And I'm stuck with a FibreMax drive with no support. Got burned good this time...

Terence Curren
http://www.alphadogs.tv
http://www.digitalservicestation.com
Burbank,Ca

Return to posts index

David Kudell
on May 19, 2008 at 7:00:16 pm

Geez, we just bought a Fibremax not too long ago. Does this mean they aren't selling any replacement parts such as drive modules?

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on May 16, 2008 at 2:11:55 am

I am not sure which SATAMax that you have. If this is a 4 or 5 bay port multiplier box, this is similar to the Sonnet, Cal Digit and Maxx Digital port multipler chassis. Often, it's simply a bad power supply in the box. If you have a Cal Digit port multipler SATA card in your computer (ProMax used a lot of these cards), you can get a generic port multipler chassis, and move all your drives into a new box (anyones box), and it will mount,without any data loss.

MAYBE. It's easy for me to talk, because it's not my money. You may have corrupt data, and if you did lose 1 drive (in a RAID 0 configuration), all of your media is lost anyway.

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]