FORUMS: list search recent posts

bad audio issues on playback

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jamie Nabers
bad audio issues on playback
on May 11, 2008 at 8:57:16 pm

guys,

i am having issues with scratching, popping and overmodulation when playing back audio from a timeline. The kicker here is that it doesnt happen all the time. I will start playback once and its fine and next time i start it, it starts popping and scratching.

I have tried replacing cords and wires and restarting the whole system.

im using the kona 3 with the kbox.

it mainly does this when im editing footage shot on an hpx500 in the 720p 24pn modes. with footage @ 23.98

any thoughts here? maybe a bad kona card???

thanks,

jamie

my system is

g5 quad intels 3.0
kona 3 kbox
ciprico mediavault 4210 2.5tb
fibre channel card
FCP 6.0.2

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: bad audio issues on playback
on May 12, 2008 at 12:10:59 am

Do you have anything else attached to your card and is your card referenced?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

jamie nabers
on May 12, 2008 at 1:37:13 pm

jeremy,

thanks,

The only thing hooked up to the kona card is the Kbox. and im not sure i know what you mean by "referenced".

i was just wondering if maybe the card was starting to go bad. I have noticed my RCA outputs on the kbox are starting to fail. I have to jiggle them to get them to output both channels. however at the moment, just for testing, i ran the audio into my deck via SDI and am monitoring the deck. still scratching and popping, so i know its coming through the Kona.

thanks,

j

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 12, 2008 at 1:40:36 pm

[jamie nabers] " I have noticed my RCA outputs on the kbox are starting to fail. I have to jiggle them to get them to output both channels"

I'd call AJA on that one.

Return to posts index

Lon Keller
on May 14, 2008 at 2:42:20 am

By referenced, I believe Jeremy was asking if you have a sync generator hooked to your system, like the AJA Gen10? We used to have similar audio issues, but since installing the Gen10, all has been working fine.

Want to know more about sync generators? Search for any posts on the topic from Bob Zelin ... the king of sync!

Thanks,
Lon

Lon Keller
Chief Editor / Producer
Sundog Studios

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 14, 2008 at 2:46:20 am

[Lon Keller] "By referenced, I believe Jeremy was asking if you have a sync generator hooked to your system"

Why, yes I was. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]