FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble Capturing with Kona LHe

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Crystal Behrends
Trouble Capturing with Kona LHe
on May 8, 2008 at 8:18:58 pm

I have been having problems capturing footage from all of the video decks we have here at the company: Beta Sp, DigiBeta, Panasonic DVCPro50, etc. These are the errors I get every time I try to capture:

1) Locating timecode break

2) Tape trouble. Check VTR. Do not attempt to eject tape or use transport without checking VTR first.

3) Capture Now has reached the end of the tape. All existing footage between the point where you started the capture and the end of the tape was captured successfully.

4) Capture encountered a problem reading the data on your source tape. This could be due to a problem with the tape. Capture has been aborted and your clip has been saved.

I know that there are NO timecode breaks on the tape and there is NOTHING wrong with the tapes because we have captured these tapes fine before through another Final Cut Pro system with the same decks. And when it states it's reached the end of the tape, the tape is definitely NOT at the end of the tape.

What could be the problem here? Do I need to change the settings on FCP somewhere or do I have a bad capture card?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Specs:

Mac OSX 10.5.2
2 x 2.55 GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon
2GB MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM
FCP 6.0.3
AJA 5.0 Kona LHe

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Trouble Capturing with Kona LHe
on May 8, 2008 at 8:56:58 pm

Two things to look at...

1) try unistalling you Kona drivers using the uninstall utility that comes with the drivers. Then reinstall the latest drivers.

2) if that doesn't work call AJA, as they can straighten out most issues in minutes that would take even the most sophisticated users hours...

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, and Indie Film & Documentary forums.

Return to posts index

Crystal Behrends
Re: Trouble Capturing with Kona LHe
on May 8, 2008 at 10:18:29 pm

Thank you David. I will try calling them and see if they can figure this thing out!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]