FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video preview-out in Color is one step behind my selection

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Escandon
Video preview-out in Color is one step behind my selection
on May 8, 2008 at 4:45:18 pm

Hey all,

I posted this in the Color forum but haven't solved the problem yet - thought I'd give it a shot in here since I'm thinking it may be more of a Kona issue than a Color issue.

Just started grading my first project w/ Color and I noticed that the video preview out lags one step behind whatever I'm doing in Color. This only happens on my video preview monitor - the UI window/monitor attached to my computer updates live.

Has anyone experienced this before and know how to fix this?

I have a Mac Pro Intel machine with a Kona 3 card from Aja - all the latest drivers (5.1 NDD). Also still running Tiger 10.4.11 and Quicktime 7.4.5. Color is version 1.0.2. Downgrading Quicktime is not an option since I tried it and it seemed to nearly break my system. I'm back to the current version.

So an example is I disable a secondary grade but my video preview doesn't update that. Then, if I enable that grade, the grade looks disabled on my monitor - like it's always one step behind what I'm actually doing. This forces be to make a change and advance a frame (arrow right) which is highly annoying. Anyone have any ideas? This is the only problem I'm experiencing on this machine right now.

Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]