FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona 3 I/O Questions

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Flor
Kona 3 I/O Questions
on May 3, 2008 at 8:16:46 pm

I have two questions about the Kona3 card.

The card's specs say you can input "525i" but when I asked, Kona support said I would need their analog to digital audio/video converter to input SD Betacam material with the Kona 3. Is this in fact the case?

Can the analog BNC's on the card be changed from outputs to inputs using their supplied software?

Thanks
jas

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Kona 3 I/O Questions
on May 3, 2008 at 8:26:18 pm

[Jason Flor] "Kona support said I would need their analog to digital audio/video converter to input SD Betacam material with the Kona 3. Is this in fact the case? "

there are NO analog inputs on the Kona 3....

there are only analog outputs

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows
Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

Jason Flor
on May 3, 2008 at 9:09:02 pm

OK, thanks Gary.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on May 3, 2008 at 9:51:19 pm

[Jason Flor] "The card's specs say you can input "525i" but when I asked, Kona support said I would need their analog to digital audio/video converter to input SD Betacam material with the Kona 3. Is this in fact the case?"

You can pick up the AJA HD10AVA to convert Component Analog video and audio to SDI with embedded audio.

The AJA Io LA is actually a perfect complement to the Kona 3. It features full analog I/O connectivity for SD only. We have one of these and 2 of the HD10AVA units. Both work great.

The Kona LHe does feature Analog inputs if want to look at that. What you lose in comparison to the Kona 3 is SD to HD Upconvert and HD Cross Convert.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Jason Flor
on May 4, 2008 at 12:39:41 am

I think I'll go with the AJA io HD. It seems to be the solution with the most I/O options.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on May 4, 2008 at 12:46:53 am

[Jason Flor] "I think I'll go with the AJA io HD. It seems to be the solution with the most I/O options."

Yes it does. Keep in mind you cannot capture Uncompressed HD with this device if that is something you will need in the future.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]