FORUMS: list search recent posts

All right. Who's brave? Who's bold? Who likes Aerosmith's Living on the Edge?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Garchow
All right. Who's brave? Who's bold? Who likes Aerosmith's Living on the Edge?
on Apr 25, 2008 at 4:49:33 pm

Who likes Aerosmith period?

Who has done the latest round of FCP updates and lived to tell the story?

I have some weirdness happening with SmoothCam renders and I am hoping 6.0.3 fixes it.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Itamar Kool
Re: All right. Who's brave? Who's bold? Who likes Aerosmith's Living on the Edge?
on Apr 25, 2008 at 5:32:39 pm

Aerosmith is not bad at all....
6.0.3 seems to be OK too over here

Kool En De Anderen
MAC Pro 8 core/Kona LHe/Apple FCS 2/Adobe PPCS3/Huge fibrechannel
http://www.koolendeanderen.nl

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: All right. Who's brave? Who's bold? Who likes Aerosmith's Living on the Edge?
on Apr 25, 2008 at 6:22:01 pm

Upgrade now? In our moment of triumph? I think you underestimate their chances...

Sorry, Star Wars geek.

Never mid project...this project is long term, and I am not suffering any issues 6.0.3 fixes...like the "file too new" message.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD now for sale!
http://www.LFHD.net
Read my blog!

Return to posts index

Warren Eig
on Apr 25, 2008 at 6:28:44 pm

Nothing wrong here so far. All updates applied on my 10.5.2 install. Though I do download the dmg files not through software updates. Always do a combo update of the OS as well.

Warren

Warren Eig

O 310-470-0905

email: warren@babyboompictures.com

http://www.atomfilms.com/af/content/knitwits

http://www.atomfilms.com/film/family_xmas.jsp

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 25, 2008 at 6:29:55 pm

Do any of you guys use SmoothCam?

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Apr 26, 2008 at 11:53:51 pm

Been running 14 hour days all week with it. HD show. No problems at all.

Sorry, have not tested SmoothCam. Have rarely ever used it.

J

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 27, 2008 at 12:39:37 am

Thank you, John. I like the battle tests.

The reason I ask about SmoothCam is that every time I render the SmoothCam shots, quit and then reopen the project, all of the Smoothcam shots become unrendered. It also happens if I render other things in the timeline, mysteriously the SmoothCam shots come unrendered every once in a while.

It's strange and highly annoying.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jim Blokland
on Apr 28, 2008 at 2:25:34 am

Hey Jeremy:

Yes, I've had the same experience on a feature I cut. Unfortunately for me, 6.0.3 does not seem to solve this anomaly. Oh well. The SmoothCam option is pretty frickin' good -- and worth the re-render -- I just saw some shots with the effect applied on the big screen at our Deluxe DI, and they looked pretty sweet. Nobody asking us to redo those shots on a FLAME or what-have-you...

Best, JIM.

OSX.4.10
Dual 2.7 G5
3.5 GB RAM
Radeon X800 XT
Kona 2 / K-Box
Seritek 1.5 TB RAID
AVID XPRESS PRO/MOJO

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 28, 2008 at 2:45:34 am

Thanks, Jim. Bummer 6.0.3 doesn't fix that, but I hear you.

SmoothCam is amazing isn't it? It doesn't work on everything, but when it works, it really really works.

Guess it's feedback time to Apple.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Dave Mehrman
on Apr 28, 2008 at 10:16:51 pm

[Shane Ross] "ssues 6.0.3 fixes...like the "file too new" message. "

Does that update really fix that issue? I've upgraded on my home system, but not on the day work horse... too many projects in the middle of. But if it really fixes that "file too new message" it might be worth the chance. I have a bunch of project that i can't open now since i have upgraded to my new MacPro and Leopard.

At home i haven't noticed any issues... but like i said... my day to day work horse is what i use the most so i hesitate to mess with that.

Oh and of course Aerosmith Rocks!

Dave

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Apr 25, 2008 at 6:32:56 pm

6.0.3 did nothing to fix our Compressor not working or our strange rendering issues. Other than that, nothing different that I can find.

That was nice of Apple to just stick it into the ProApps update so I didn't know that update was going to install.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 25, 2008 at 6:54:05 pm

[walter biscardi] "That was nice of Apple to just stick it into the ProApps update so I didn't know that update was going to install. "

Yeah, that was a weird one. I recently updated my laptop to Leopard and had no idea I was installing 6.0.3.

Return to posts index

Bob Flood
on Apr 28, 2008 at 8:12:47 pm

dooood

I am still on 5.1.4, but I have always though aerosmith rocked!

Its gotta be tyler and perry together, or else its not aerosmith (there were a couple of albums in the 80's that dont really count)

I was in boston when steve tyler had stopped performing because of his throat. we never thought they would come back.

you know, they were banned from perfroming in boston because a bunch of rabid fans from revere tore up a subway train after a show at the garden, like in 78?

"train kep a rollin, all night long....train kep a rollin, all night long.."

good times!

"I like video because its so fast!"

Bob Flood
Greer & Associates, Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]