FORUMS: list search recent posts

also posted on fcp forum: kernal panics...

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Dalton
also posted on fcp forum: kernal panics...
on Apr 24, 2008 at 2:25:45 pm

Hi,

Just upgraded to a 3ghz MacPro, 4gb ram, with atto r380, aja kona 3. Now I'm getting a kernal panic when I do an edit to tape. Either just as I drag the sequence into the edit to tape or - after I re-install all the Kona3 drivers (5.1 ndd) and re-seat the Kona card - just after layoff when it reaches the out point. At one stage, there was a panic when I set the sound option in the system settings pane to kona and this was after I'd closed fcp.....

I'm running all the latest software updates: 10.5.2, FCP 6.0.3, QT 7.4. Anyone else had this kind of problem with this kit??

Thanks for any help.

Todd

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: also posted on fcp forum: kernal panics...
on Apr 25, 2008 at 2:30:51 pm

We've been having some weird issues with my MacPro Quad 3.0 which also has 4GB RAM. I removed 2GB and the thing started behaving normally again.

Researching this on the web and around the Cow forums, it seems that 4GB is a magic number for making the Mac Pro's do all sorts of weird things. I'm upgrading the RAM to 8GB on this machine and am doing the same thing on the new Octo Core 3.2 we just purchased.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Todd Dalton
Re: also posted on fcp forum: kernal panics...
on Apr 25, 2008 at 2:47:03 pm

Thanks Walter!

I'll see if it helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]