FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Monitor Issues

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Stone
Sony Monitor Issues
on Apr 22, 2008 at 1:50:16 pm

Hey guys!

Didn't know where else to post about a monitor so I picked the forum belonging to its next peripheral.

Just bought a Sony BVM-1911 monitor on ebay. Overall it's in good shape - good colors, strong picture. Only thing that bothers me is that the picture is blurry - sort of like the colors don't line up. In Mono Mode it's crystal clear. In doing research online I found that other people have had these issues fixed by having the monitor recalibrated (they also solder some stuff inside, I think).

Question: where do I go to have this done? I don't want to ship this beast to Sony and, though Best Buy is listed as a certified Sony repair facility, I'm not sure I trust the 18-year-old geek squad guys with a production monitor.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

john ladle
Re: Sony Monitor Issues
on Apr 22, 2008 at 5:17:45 pm

i'd get your money back and start again at square one in the selection of your monitor. i dont know how familiar you are now or will become with repair rates and timeframes.

take it to an authorized dealer or contact the factory directly.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Apr 23, 2008 at 8:29:24 pm

LOL [Daniel Stone] "Only thing that bothers me is that the picture is blurry" that is one big "ONLY thing"

Not trying to make fun of you, just that has to be the most low key response to a BIG problem. I would try to get my money back from whoever sold it to you. One of the gambles with eBay but if it is a good reseller they should consider it DOA or defective and give you a refund.

Return to posts index

Daniel Stone
on Apr 23, 2008 at 9:07:00 pm

Alrighty, just to give you an update (in case anyone else has the same problem) -

It's fixed!

I found a friend of a friend who calibrates studio equipment. He came to the studio, opened it, soldered something and turned some things on the inside with a tool and BAM! $200 later it's the most vivid, sharpest picture!

Though I'm usually the "try it the hard (usually wrong) way first and then spend even more money fixing it" guy, this time it paid off. I just spent $700 total on a 20" studio monitor with an optional HD-SDI card that other people are buying for $2K+ without the HD-SDI. I'm happy!

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
on Apr 24, 2008 at 7:39:47 pm

[Daniel Stone] "I just spent $700 total on a 20" studio monitor with an optional HD-SDI card"

you stole it for sure!

the HD-SDI card alone could be had for $ 900 easily.

Good for you :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]