FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color, the colors differs when you checking in "force rgb" vs software (unchecked)

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Arvidsson
Color, the colors differs when you checking in "force rgb" vs software (unchecked)
on Apr 15, 2008 at 10:48:59 am

In Color, have anybody had any problem with that the colors differs when you checking in "force rgb" vs software (unchecked). I got slightly more saturation when i check in force rgb. How should i tackle it?

I asked this under my last thread but this question got hided at the bottom so sorry if i dubble posted./Joel

joelarvidsson@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Joel Arvidsson
Re: Color, the colors differs when you checking in "force rgb" vs software (unchecked)
on Apr 15, 2008 at 6:30:34 pm

The biggest probelm with this is what should i trust the most. The forced or the software mode.

joelarvidsson@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
Re: Color, the colors differs when you checking in "force rgb" vs software (unchecked)
on Apr 16, 2008 at 7:40:34 pm

[Joel Arvidsson] "I got slightly more saturation when i check in force rgb."

Are you referring to the saturation indicated on Color's vectorscope, or the apparent saturation on your broadcast monitor?

Return to posts index

Joel Arvidsson
on Apr 16, 2008 at 9:02:34 pm

Im referring to the apparent saturation on the broadcast monitor?

joelarvidsson@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
on Apr 16, 2008 at 9:37:39 pm

In that case, make sure you use color bars to calibrate the monitor for each mode, i.e. software and hardware RGB. Otherwise, you can't be sure that what you're seeing is accurate. If there's no change on the vectorscope between modes, then the apparent difference in saturation should be resolved by recalibrating the monitor when you switch between modes.

Return to posts index

Joel Arvidsson
on Apr 17, 2008 at 4:47:24 pm

Ok, since its no change in the the vectorscope while toggle the modes, I will recalibrate the monitor for forced rgb using the color bars. thanks

joelarvidsson@gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]