FORUMS: list search recent posts

kona or multibridge

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edo Medicks
kona or multibridge
on Apr 13, 2008 at 12:28:54 pm

anyone has opinion? going to use with fcp for capturing multiformats for online quality. need best quality capture on sdi component

The cup is half full and my shirt is half wet

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: kona or multibridge
on Apr 13, 2008 at 12:44:47 pm

As you're in the Kona forum, that's easy. AJA's products do "real" realtime hardware conversion on their boards, nothing in software.

I tested BlackMagic and AJA products when I was making my decision which way to go. That was three years ago and we now have 7 AJA products in the shop, 0 BMD products. AJA products are broadcast centric and they just work.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Edo Medicks
on Apr 13, 2008 at 3:31:51 pm

ּHi Walter, thanks for the fast reply.
i tried to understand what is the difference between multibridge and kona + box.
i am going to use this for capturing 10/12 bit uncompressed sdi . not too much output to tape.
was planing on using the edirol vc300 for conversions (pal<>ntsc mostly)
do you know of any good comparison between aja and bmd? i cant get these things here for testing, so i have to read reviews and trust my luck.

The cup is half full and my shirt is half wet

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 14, 2008 at 7:14:11 am

The Kona 3 can upconvert to 720p and 1080i...the Decklink MB Pro and Eclipse can only upconvert to 1080i.

The Kona 3 can cross convert 720p to 1080p and 1080i, and 1080i and 1080p to 720p...the Decklink cannot.

I need both options, so it is a no brainer.

The AJA I/O HD does this, AND has analog ins and outs. The only thing it cannot do is capture uncompressed 4:4:4 and 4:2:2...it is ProRes only. But for me, that is all I need.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD now for sale!
http://www.LFHD.net
Read my blog!

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
on Apr 14, 2008 at 5:01:12 pm

I would also point out that AJA's tech support is fantastic. On the few occasions when I needed it, they were responsive & always managed to help me find the solution to the problem.

Arnie

Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman

http://www.arniepix.com/blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]