FORUMS: list search recent posts

playback software

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Merete Victor
playback software
on Apr 10, 2008 at 10:10:47 am

Hi,

What software to use to playback a movie with 6 channels other than FCP ?
I can not get more than 2 channels out of AJA Xchange software,VirtualVTR,Quicktime etc..only FCP will output more than 2 channels..

What I find strange is that I can capture 6 channels with the AJA Xchange software but not output more than 2 channels... why ? do you have to have FCP to get all the audio channels to work?

I just need a player to output video and surround/6 channels with the AJA Kona 3 ..

/merete

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: playback software
on Apr 10, 2008 at 1:09:15 pm

VTR Exchange is a very lightweight program that was initially designed for people who had Kona cards and not FCP to capture high quality video to their macs, and less designed for 5.1 live screenings. If you'd like to request a feature, I would email support@aja.com and let them know what you'd like to see.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: playback software
on Apr 10, 2008 at 3:48:38 pm

[Merete Victor] "What software to use to playback a movie with 6 channels other than FCP ? "

OK I thought I answered all of this yesterday.

you did not ask about 6 channels of audio out of FCP - You talked about 5.1 surround sound- and that type of encoding requires additional hardware to play back the compressed audio signal.

FCP needs to be properly configured to output more than Stereo ( 2 Channels) of audio- it does not do it on its own. I can and have output as many as 12 channels of audio directly to tape at one time from an FCP timeline.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows
Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]