FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona 3 16 audio tracks

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russell Kaye
Kona 3 16 audio tracks
on Apr 3, 2008 at 6:52:45 pm

I know that there have been posts before about the number of audio tracks digitized in Final Cut Pro, but this question is a little different. I'm onlining a 100 minute film, and am digitizing the master clips generated by a conformed EDL. They vary between 0, 1 and 2 audio tracks. In the clip settings of my Log and Capture window, I have only the first two audio channels selected, and they're set to not be a stereo pair. All the other tracks, 3-16, are disabled. Once digitized the clips in my bin and sequence still show that there is either 0, 1 or 2 audio tracks, but the actual quicktime media files contain 16 tracks. Any ideas? It's not a HUGE problem, but it does eat up storage space, and mainly it is just annoying.

I'm running OS 10.5.1 with Final Cut 6.0.2, and updated the Kona software to 5.1. The media is being digitized off of an HDCam deck over HD-SDI to a fiber storage array.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Kona 3 16 audio tracks
on Apr 4, 2008 at 12:07:34 am

[Russell Kaye] "I have only the first two audio channels selected, and they're set to not be a stereo pair. All the other tracks, 3-16, are disabled."

Yes, but did you UN-check "Use Logged Clip Settings?" If not, then FCP will go into default mode and capture as many audio channels as are possible to capture in that particular pipeline. Since you have 16 channels, you're coming in SDI.

If you UN-check "Use Logged Clip Settings" then FCP will use whatever you have set in the Log and Capture window.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Russell Kaye
Re: Kona 3 16 audio tracks
on Apr 6, 2008 at 12:40:34 am

Hey Walter,

"Use Logged Clip Settings" was checked. Which makes sense to me, because the logged clip has only two audio tracks, and my capture settings has only two selected, and once captured, it shows 1V, 2A tracks, but the actual file has 16. Am I getting this backwards or something?

Thanks!

-Russell

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]