FORUMS: list search recent posts

inputing audio by SDI from digibeta deck - final cut pro

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pawel Krzeminski
inputing audio by SDI from digibeta deck - final cut pro
on Mar 29, 2008 at 12:55:14 pm

Hi guys, quite new to all that FCP and Kona3
Somehow I cant figure out how to capture audio and video from digital beda deck in FCP. I can capture video, and output video and audio.

But :
- i cant capture audio.
- when I play the tape thats got audio on it I don't hear it at all
- when I use EDIT TO TAPE - and output final footage with audio , it records it but still I cant hear it.

I use Sony DVW-2000P.

I tried several times and nothing worked,

In Kona 3 Control Panel I got
- Embedded Ch 1-16
and Map channels: 1-2 to 1-2

so the audio should go by SDI to Kona. hmmm
Im a bit lost here.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: inputing audio by SDI from digibeta deck - final cut pro
on Mar 29, 2008 at 2:13:04 pm

Go into your AJA Control Panel and change the Audio tab to Embedded 1-8. It defaults to AES/EBU.

This is covered in the manual that comes with the Kona board along with a lot of other instructions on how to properly use the Control Panel.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Mar 29, 2008 at 2:13:42 pm

[Pawel Krzeminski] "In Kona 3 Control Panel I got
- Embedded Ch 1-16
and Map channels: 1-2 to 1-2"

Ok, you're already doing that, how are you monitoring the audio from your system then?

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Pawel Krzeminski
on Mar 29, 2008 at 2:53:24 pm

Hi, problem is that I don't hear any audio thats on tape. It is recorded but I cant hear it in my speakers, but somehow I cant capture audio thats on tape. my beta audio panel is set to SDI so it should grab it.

Return to posts index

cowcowcow
Bob Zelin
on Mar 29, 2008 at 11:58:03 pm

Hi Pawel,
you have not described your system. You have a Kona 3, but what else. What mixer, what speakers, how is the Kona 3 hooked up. The AJA Kona 3 DOES NOT have an analog audio output - most people purchase the AJA K3 box, which gives you an analog audio output, that you can stick into your mixer, so you can hear the audio from the Kona 3. The AJA Kona 3 does have AES/EBU digital audio outputs, but if you dont' have a digital audio mixer, you will not hear anything. That is why the K3 box (at $289 US) is a great value - AND you get to hear audio.

Since it's the weekend, you can monitor your audio via the internal MAC audio (go to your System Preferences to change this), but your audio will be out of sync with your video when you use the internal MAC audio output.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Pawel Krzeminski
on Mar 31, 2008 at 8:19:45 am

I use external speakers connected to my MacPro. You say they are out of synch - hmmm this is a real problem then.
But my major issue is that I cant capture audio using SDI from my digibeta deck. How can I solve that.

Pawel

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Mar 31, 2008 at 12:40:03 pm

none of this is a "real problem". You go into the AJA Control Panel, click on the INPUT tab, and on the bottom left is the "audio" input selection. You choose SDI Embedded Audio channels 1-8. When you go into FCP in your EASY SETUP, you select AJA Kona SDI A-V, and it will capture the embedded audio, and you will see the meters moving in the FCP program audio meters.

As for the "real problem" - you spend $289, and purchase the AJA K3 box, and monitor your audio via the RCA connectors on the K3 box, and you will have audio IN SYNC. There is no problem. I know that you have $289.

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]