FORUMS: list search recent posts

KONA 3 ioLA FCP Betacam IN/Out HOW?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Hitchcock
KONA 3 ioLA FCP Betacam IN/Out HOW?
on Mar 25, 2008 at 6:14:33 pm

Hi I've just got FCP 6 and AJA Kona3 with EX1 1080P working with the good tech help at AJA.
Now I need to in and output to BetacamSP. The techy said I could, but I only have SDI on Kona3 and FCP will only work with 1 AJA system at a time. AJA ioLA has component.
Any clues appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: KONA 3 ioLA FCP Betacam IN/Out HOW?
on Mar 25, 2008 at 6:19:08 pm

The Kona and io SDs can work on the same machine. The Kona and ioHD cannot (for future references). So you simply need to install the ioLA drivers and then choose the proper easy setup for your ioLA, such as component 8 bit, or whatever you are using for capture.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Peter Hitchcock
on Mar 25, 2008 at 6:39:28 pm

Thanks so much for your quick response. Is there a device that can attach to AJA Kona3 that could convert from SDI to Component
Peter
Toronto

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 25, 2008 at 6:54:01 pm

Yes, the full blown io, or the ioLD. Also, the Kona 3 has analog video outputs, but you will need an audio d/a. There's also little boxes from AJA that will act as audio and video a/d/d/a's.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Mar 25, 2008 at 7:10:57 pm

[Peter Hitchcock] "Is there a device that can attach to AJA Kona3 that could convert from SDI to Component"

You don't need that. Kona 3 has Component output and even Composite output via the Y.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Peter Hitchcock
on Mar 25, 2008 at 9:54:08 pm

Thanks guys I'm in business!
Peter

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 26, 2008 at 1:17:35 am

[Peter Hitchcock] "Thanks guys I'm in business! "

Yipee !

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Mar 25, 2008 at 6:44:39 pm

[Peter Hitchcock] "The techy said I could, but I only have SDI on Kona3 and FCP will only work with 1 AJA system at a time. AJA ioLA has component."

Yes, but you can work with them interchangeably in FCP.

Have the Kona 3 installed inside your system and you have the Io LA also connected to your system.

In FCP go to Easy Setup and then choose an AJA Io Component Beta setup to capture your Beta and edit with it.

When you're ready to layback to tape, you can either stay in that Easy Setup or switch to the Kona 3 NTSC 8bit/10bit depending on how you have your Beta machine connected.

When you're ready to use your Kona again, you just select a Kona 3 easy setup.

We have the Io LA here and don't have any issues switching back and forth between then with FCP running.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]