FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD-SDI Timecode De-embedder/reader

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marco Solorio
HD-SDI Timecode De-embedder/reader
on Mar 22, 2008 at 6:02:27 pm

Does anyone know of an HD-SDI de-embedder/extractor/demuxer/reader that can pull the embedded SMPTE timecode from an HD-SDI signal and spit out LTC timecode? It would be a simple little black box... SDI input (maybe with an SDI loop out) and an LTC output by means of a 1/4" plug or BNC spigot or similarly common TC output connector.

I'm surprised AJA doesn't have a little "gray" box that does this... seems pretty straight forward and they'd be the company to make such a quality device.

Searching the net for days has yielded very little results. The closest I found was this...

http://www.evertz.com/products/8010TM-IRIG

but at a cost of about $3350, I don't think I'll be going that route.

Anyone have any idears?

Marco Solorio | CreativeCow Host | OneRiver Media | Codec Resource Site | Cinesoft | Media Batch

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: HD-SDI Timecode De-embedder/reader
on Mar 22, 2008 at 7:20:08 pm

[Marco Solorio] "I'm surprised AJA doesn't have a little "gray" box that does this... seems pretty straight forward and they'd be the company to make such a quality device. "

Oh, but they do:

http://www.aja.com/html_pop/Io_HD_bp.html

Return to posts index

Marco Solorio
on Mar 22, 2008 at 7:40:33 pm

LOL, a little overkill for a TC reader, wouldn't you say? Key word *little* gray box! ;-)

Marco Solorio | CreativeCow Host | OneRiver Media | Codec Resource Site | Cinesoft | Media Batch

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on Mar 22, 2008 at 8:58:01 pm

What about the Horita box....this takes the RS422 output of the Kona card or deck and spits out an LTC audio channel. This is how I make timecode matching dubs from HDV to DVCProHD via the Convergent designs M1 box.

I think it is the TG-50. Horita is the timecode conversion/extraction company. Oh, and blackburst generators.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

Marco Solorio
on Mar 22, 2008 at 9:38:58 pm

Thanks, Rich. Yeah I've seen that unit from Horita. Unfortunately it strictly needs to be from an embedded HD-SDI source.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 22, 2008 at 9:41:53 pm

[Marco Solorio] "Key word *little* gray box!"

Yeah, it's a bit bigger than little. But for around the same price as the other one you mentioned, it does so much more! :-D

Return to posts index

Ramona Howard
on Mar 24, 2008 at 5:07:46 am

Marco,

We do this in RaveHD but it's much bigger than a bread box :) Best of luck in your quest.

Cheers,
Ramona

Return to posts index

Jon Lewis
on Mar 24, 2008 at 6:14:26 pm

Try this company and see if it works for you
http://www.adrielec.com/

Thanks
Jon Lewis

Return to posts index

Marco Solorio
on Mar 25, 2008 at 1:09:10 am

Thanks Jon... I actually emailed them over the weekend! They said they might come up with such a device later this year. No luck for now though. =(

I also emailed a couple of other manufacturers, including Markertek to see if they knew of anything... so far no response. :-/

Return to posts index

Jacob Varela
on Sep 12, 2008 at 7:11:42 am

Thank you Jon!! this is just what i need.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]