FORUMS: list search recent posts

External Video Won't Play

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Reuben
External Video Won't Play
on Mar 14, 2008 at 2:24:01 am

Brand New Mac Pro (2008). Kona LH with 5.1 software. FCP 6.02

I'm trying to view a 720x468 29.97 sequence composed of various sources (most of them are 960x720 23.98 DVDPRO HD 720p60. I will be going out at 720x486.

My external monitor (Component Video driven by the Kona card) will show my video frames on the screen but not in motion. Only when the video stops do I get an image. I can scrub it and it is showing up. Just doesn't run.

The external video in FCP is set to all frames. And I've tried every possible Kona setting

I also tried it on my second monitor using the Digital Cinema Desktop setting, and the results are the same.

Same thing - still frames show up, but the video will not show up on any external. It plays fine in the canvas.

All help is most appreciated!

Return to posts index

Martin Reuben
Re: External Video Won't Play
on Mar 14, 2008 at 10:21:04 am

Let me ask another question if I might. Perhaps I need to go back to the basics.

My source material is from a Panasonic HVX-200, The footage was shot at 720pn, 23.98 fps.
Ulitmately I need to go out as uncompressed QT, 720x486 by cropping the footage left and right.

What should my sequence preset or sequence setting be with the Kona LH?

Thanks!

Martin Reuben

http://www.trgstudios.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: External Video Won't Play
on Mar 14, 2008 at 8:33:41 pm

First of all, put final cut in whatever HD easy setup you are using and leave it there.

OPen the AJA Kona control panel and right click on the analog output icon. Choose secondary from the drop down menu. The right click the same icon and choose 525i29.97. Bingo.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]