FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona/FCP Format Issue

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Smith
Kona/FCP Format Issue
on Mar 6, 2008 at 6:58:26 pm

The problem:
Both on capture and on playback, FCP and the Kona card are not properly communicating with each other. The kona card keeps switching to SD 525i when capturing, editing, playing back 720p. Sometimes the reverse happens as well. I can tell that is what is happening by watching the Kona Control Panel change to 525i when I click on the 720p timeline.

What I've done:
Trash FCP Preferences
Trash Kona Preferences
Trash/reinstall/upgrade Kona drivers to 5.1
Ran Disk Permission Repair
Call AJA--who were no help.
Am in the process of trash/reinstalling FCP

The Specs:
Mac Pro Quad 2.66
4GB RAM
FCP 6.?
QT 1.4.1
OSX Tiger 10.4.11
Kona Drivers 3.1 through 5.1 (tried an upgrade)
XSan 1.4.1

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Kona/FCP Format Issue
on Mar 6, 2008 at 9:29:11 pm

Are in a 720 easy setup from FCP?

What's the VIdeo output set to in the view > Video Playback setup for?

Do you have a downconvert set on your output via the control panel?

Have you setup your PCIe Expansion properly?

Has this worked in the past or is this a new install?

Return to posts index

Scott Smith
on Mar 7, 2008 at 1:18:30 am

Not in easy setup.
Video output set to 720p.
No down-convert on monitoring output.
PCIe Ports set correctly, and card in slot 3.
Was working fine, and suddenly not working.

Called AJA again and went through many steps with tech support-most of which I had already done. One thing we did - that I hadn't - was to delete a kona receipt file in root/system/coreservices , then uninstalled/reinstalled kona drivers. The initial check is that it may have fixed it, but I've had it appear to work before then go bad within a short amount of time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 7, 2008 at 1:25:04 am

[Scott Smith] "I'm keeping my fingers crossed."

Me too, bud. Me too.

Return to posts index

Osiri Sioux
Re: Kona/FCP Format Issue (did it work???)
on Mar 10, 2008 at 7:56:29 pm

Hey there! I'm having this same problem with a Kona LHe. Did deleting the receipt, uninstalling and reinstalling solve the issue? Please let me know! (I don't want to tell my I.T. department to do this if it's not going to fix the issue...)

Thanks!!!

Nick

Return to posts index

Scott Smith
on Mar 11, 2008 at 12:15:09 am

So far so good, but there was no real editing done yet since I did it. I just tested it out, and haven't actually used it. I will update tomorrow if there are any problems.

Return to posts index

Scott Smith
on Mar 12, 2008 at 5:13:34 pm

At first, the manual reinstall appeared to work. Then I tried to open Compressor, and it wouldn't open. Obviously I had more going on than just the Kona drivers.

Long story short, I uninstalled everything in Final Cut Studio. (BTW, FCS Uninstaller helped a lot http://www.digitalrebellion.com/fcs_remover.htm ). I uninstalled the Kona drivers. I manually searched for anything on the mac related to anything FinalCutStudio or AJA or Kona and deleted it. I ran disk permissions and rebooted. I reinstalled Final Cut Studio from scratch. I ran software update on Final cut. I reinstalled Kona drivers 5.1, and rebooted. And wouldn't you know, after all that, I still had the initial problem.

After going home and drinking heavily, I uninstalled Kona 5.1 and tried Kona 5.0. The format problems went away, but I had no machine control. I uninstalled Kona 5.0 and installed Kona 4.0. At long, long last, everything is working!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]