FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to output to betaSP for first time

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Cole
Trying to output to betaSP for first time
on Mar 5, 2008 at 9:31:57 pm

Long story short I aquired a BVW-1800 BetaSP a AJA KLBox, and the ever important sigma Black Signal genreator....now what.

I would like to get my footage out to tape and Using FCP and get either crazy pictures, "ref Non-std" on the beta deck or a picture with a nice line though it.

I would like to start with the basic connectivity issues and then work my way to the software later. I have been editing for over 5 years now, but have always had a technician or senior editor, and now I am trying to do this at home so treat me like rookie, just don't hurt me.

On the back of the Beta I have ref in with two jacks as well as "75h ohms off or on" and below that I have video in with 2 jacks and the same switch as noted above. Where do all the cables and switches go?? Be nice.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Trying to output to betaSP for first time
on Mar 5, 2008 at 11:46:57 pm

[Andy Cole] "Long story short I aquired a BVW-1800 BetaSP"

You mean a UVW-1800, correct?

[Andy Cole] "On the back of the Beta I have ref in with two jacks as well as "75h ohms off or on" and below that I have video in with 2 jacks and the same switch as noted above. Where do all the cables and switches go?? Be nice."

On a UVW-1800 you also have Component In. You run the Component output of the Kona to the Component Input of the Beta Deck. Y to Y, RY to RY, BY to BY.

For Audio you run Channel 1 and Channel 2 Output from the Kona to the deck.

For control, you run RS-422 from the Kona to the deck.

Now choose the AJA Kona NTSC 8bit Uncompressed Easy Setup and you're ready to layback to tape.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR
The new Color Training DVD now available from the Creative Cow!

Read my Blog!

Return to posts index

ken hon
Re: Trying to output to betaSP for first time
on Mar 6, 2008 at 8:00:06 am

Aloha Andy,

Boy are you lucky you got Walter to answer and not Bob! Walter is very nice and edits a very cool cooking show which I've now watched a few times just because of this board. Pretty fun actually. In addition to what Walter said, you need to hook up the blackburst sync/ref lines. Not sure about exactly where these are on a LH card as we have a Kona 3 with a K-Box. On ours you run a composite BNC cable from the Blackburst to the Kona sync/ref IN. Then run another cable from the Kona sync/ref OUT to the Sync/Ref IN on your Beta Deck. Then turn the 75ohm termination to ON. The ON means it's the end of the line for the signal. Otherwise it reflects from the last connection back along the cables, definitely not good.

Aloha,

Ken

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]