FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona 3 / HDCAM 23.98 timecode inaccurate in FCP

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Garber
Kona 3 / HDCAM 23.98 timecode inaccurate in FCP
on Feb 26, 2008 at 8:39:34 pm

Hi All,

Having a weird week of HDCAM fun. Here's the current issue, didn't see anything in prior cow posts...

Laying off at 23.98psf 1080i ProRes-422. Layback seems to go fine.
Intel Dual 3
AJA Kona 3 driver v5.0
FCP 6.0.2
Sony F500
Evertz Tri-Sync (feeds K3 and loops into deck)

When we play the tape back, there is a 1-2 frame offset on all the tapes. Not too upset about that one (but it'd be great if it were accurate!)

The weird thing is that in the ETT window, the timecode is innacurate from what is on the tape by about 3-5 frames. It never catches up. If you try to Shift-I to a specific in-point, FCP can't find the frame.

FYI, I have 23.98 sync going into the K3 and looping into the deck. I've done this many times before with no problems. Perhaps a deck setting?

Thanks,
Michael

Return to posts index

mike richardson
Re: Kona 3 / HDCAM 23.98 timecode inaccurate in FCP
on Oct 16, 2008 at 8:06:31 pm

I'm new to hdcam, but I have a weird problem w/ timecode too...

In the ETT window, the timecode is fine while the tape is playing, but when the tape stops, the timecode jumps to some (seemingly) random point. When I hit play again, it goes back to the correct code. I am sure it is something set-up wrong, but like I said, I am new to hdcam and can't seem to put my finger on it. ETT or insert edits do not work. When I code / black the tape, I only do the first 20 -30 secs or so... and don't want to waste the :30 to do whole tapes. It is weird b/c the digitbeta works fine. Any ideas?

2 x 3.2 quad core
4 gig 800 ddr2
FCP 6.0.4
blah blah blah

:)

thanks in advance

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]