FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona 3 Mic input

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shane Ross
Kona 3 Mic input
on Feb 19, 2008 at 10:39:30 pm

How would one connect a Mic input INTO the Kona 3 when the only audio ins it has are AES/EBU? Are we gonna have to go the Griffin iMic route or Snowball and connect via USB? Just curious what others are doing. With the Kona LH, this is a no brainer. And we need the Mic for temp VO.

Thanks,

Shane

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD now for sale!
http://www.LFHD.net
Read my blog!

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Kona 3 Mic input
on Feb 20, 2008 at 1:38:59 am

Flying Cow A/D converter if they still have them. That's what I have connected to my Mackie 1202 mixer.

AJA makes a really nice four channel Audio A/D converter for around $300 that will do the same thing. We run that in our 2nd suite.

Both work like a charm and allow you to run any analog Mic into the Kona 3. We just picked up a sweet AKG mic for under $200 that really really sounds good on broadcast VO's.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR
The new Color Training DVD now available from the Creative Cow!

Read my Blog!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 20, 2008 at 6:16:20 pm

The Flying Cow is unfortunately discontinued, but the AJA box will work for you as Walter mentioned as long as you run it through a mixer. You can't attach a mic level input to a Kona card.

Also, if it's just for scratch tracks and stuff and you don't have a mic right now, the Snowball is totally effing cool. I love that thing and it sounds great, almost too good. You have to get far enough away from the hum of the room though. That's really the only disadvantage. If you could isolate it, you'd be golden. Plug and play. It works great with Soundtrack Pro, never really tried it with FCPs VO tool, but I imagine it'd work. I usually do that kind of stuff in STPro anyway.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 20, 2008 at 7:37:20 pm

I brought my Griffin iMic from home, routed the signal from the mixer and all is golden.

NO need for the EXPENSIVE stuff. This is all just temp VO. And we already had the mics. If we didn't, I'd definately go Snowball.

Shane

Read my blog!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 20, 2008 at 7:41:26 pm

[Shane Ross] "NO need for the EXPENSIVE stuff. "

Sweetness. Did you get your 8core Tiger/Leotard (yes you read that correctly) situation all worked out?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 20, 2008 at 7:55:35 pm

Situation has been resolved. I will be getting the PREVIOUS version of the MacPro that shipped with Tiger. I will not be getting a machine in a Leotard...thank goodness. Shipping will be delayed...so I still get to look at the pile of goodies that I get to install INSIDE the machine, with no machine.

And I am almost done building my editing desk. Looking sweet.

Shane

Read my blog!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 20, 2008 at 9:35:36 pm

Awesome.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]