FORUMS: list search recent posts

Beta SP Deck Cries "NO INPUT" with Kona LS

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Bethel
Beta SP Deck Cries "NO INPUT" with Kona LS
on Feb 18, 2008 at 5:56:31 pm

This is a recurring issue that has cost many many hours the last few months. I bought the UVW-1800 used (reconditioned) and it seems to be a champ. Every few weeks I get "No Input" message from the deck when trying Edit to Tape. The audio goes through, but not video. Nothing changed since the last time I went to tape. I waste hours troubleshooting and then it starts working, but as far as I can tell, not because of my efforts.
I have reinstalled drivers (on 5.1 right now) - oh and one time this fixed it after about 5 hours of frustration and tried what I can think of.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Have a COW, man.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Beta SP Deck Cries "NO INPUT" with Kona LS
on Feb 18, 2008 at 7:47:02 pm

There's a number of things this could be. For one, make sure that you are on the right easy setup in FCP and that your connections all hooked up properly.

Second, make sure the UVW1800 is setup for the proper video input (Namely Y-R-B) on the front of the machine, then go around to the back of the machine and make sure the you have the proper component selected. I believe it is in the up position, there's a little switch that will swap the component input from the RGB to the dub cable. You want the regular component selected not the dub cable.

Return to posts index

Scott Bethel
on Feb 18, 2008 at 9:13:59 pm

Thank you for pointing out the obvious (no really - I'm not being a smart ass). It crossed my mind a couple of times and I dismissed it with the justification that I knew I had not messed with it since last week so I didn't (wouldn't) even look at it. But sure enough - someone else was on the system for a few minutes on Friday afternoon and sure enough the component switch was down, not up like it should have been. So thank you for bringing me back to basics. I'm putting a piece of tape over that little bugger.

Have a COW, man.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 18, 2008 at 9:34:59 pm

Yes, it's an easy switch to flip.

No worries, Scott. A lot of problems boil down to one little switch.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]