FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can KONA 3 do the same as Blackmagic LiveKey?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Berglund
Can KONA 3 do the same as Blackmagic LiveKey?
on Feb 13, 2008 at 6:18:53 pm

Hello!

Can you do the same with KONA 3, as you can with a Multibridge Pro and Blackmagic LiveKey? I am trying to find a simple solution for sending video with an alpha channel out from Final Cut, After Effects or Motion, to a video mixer. LiveKey works by itself, but together with Final Cut or other applications, the alpha channel is bugged.

I am trying to make a simple graphics workstation for use in live multicamera productions.

Can the KONA 3 card output one SDI signal as KEY and the other one as FILL to a mixer, i.e. from Final Cut, After Effects, or Motion? Or is there an easier way of outputting video with an alpha channel to a mixer?

The solution I have now, is a Multibridge Pro with LiveKey, but it is really buggy with other applications than itself. In Final Cut, the alpha channel works when you press play, but once you pause or hit the end of a clip in the timeline, the alpha channel gets messed up.

I need to be able use an application like Final Cut, After Effects or Motion to output graphics with an alpha channel to a mixer. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]