FORUMS: list search recent posts

3/4" to HD with K3 card and an Io

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Doyle
3/4" to HD with K3 card and an Io
on Feb 1, 2008 at 2:57:17 pm

I'm digging back in our archives and I'm trying to digitize some 3/4. I can hook it up to the Io and everything works just dandy. But what I want to do is digitize it to pro rez.

I have the composite of the 3/4 deck going into the Io, should the Io be sending that signal out of the SDI into the k3?

What would a workflow be for this?

Like I said I have no problems bringing the 3/4 in through the Io, but than bringing it in pro rez isn't an option. Could I just create a different easy set up that will capture pro rez?

FCP 6.02, Octo with 8 Gigs ram, Kona 3, AJA Io, 3tb xraid with 2 tb free space. 10.4.11 if it matters.

Ultimately I would like to be able to take the 3/4 through the k3 so I could uprez it although that is not crucial for the project I'm working on currently.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: 3/4" to HD with K3 card and an Io
on Feb 1, 2008 at 3:21:20 pm

I don't have a full Io, I have the LA. Does it convert Analog Signals to SDI?

You would set up the Io as a pass through device and send the signal on to the Kona 3.

In the Easy Setup of FCP, you would set up for ProRes capture via the Kona 3. You should be able to hook up the RS-422 from the K3 to the 3/4 deck and get this to work, I think.

I've never tried it, but if the Io does convert analog to SDI, then I would expect that to work.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR
The new Color Training DVD now available from the Creative Cow!

Read my Blog!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Doyle
on Feb 1, 2008 at 3:34:56 pm

"Does it convert Analog Signals to SDI? "

That is the question I don't know the answer to. I have the composite going into the Io and the component out works, but when I try the SDI the signal doesn't pass through. I'm not sure it that's just the way it is or if it should be converting the analog signal to SDI. I thought all the outs were live, but I could be wrong.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 1, 2008 at 7:20:50 pm

Do you have the io Control panel open? If so, choose analog composite as the input and then the SDI should be live. Make sure to pass audio as well and choose embedded audio on output.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Doyle
on Feb 1, 2008 at 7:31:36 pm

No I don't have the Io control panel open. Now for the dumb part - where do I find the Io control panel? The only control panel I find is my K3 control panel. I can find all the Io presets, but I don't see a control panel.

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
on Feb 1, 2008 at 7:59:45 pm

[Jeremy Doyle] "where do I find the Io control panel?"

If it's not installed, you can download it from aja.com

Arnie

Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman

http://www.arniepix.com/blog

Return to posts index

Jeremy Doyle
on Feb 1, 2008 at 8:02:52 pm

Shouldn't have this installed when I downloaded and installed all the drivers yesterday? All the presets showed up.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 1, 2008 at 8:05:20 pm

It's separate form the drivers unlike the Kona.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jeremy Doyle
on Feb 1, 2008 at 8:36:01 pm

Thanks for all the help. It's now working like I thought it should.

I would never have found that control panel without help. I would never have guessed it to be separate from the drivers. Guess I'm just used to the K2 and K3's that I've been using the past years.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 1, 2008 at 8:42:00 pm

[Jeremy Doyle] "uess I'm just used to the K2 and K3's that I've been using the past years. "

When the io was first released, it did not have a control panel as the video conversion options were disabled. After a while, AJA released the control panel to allow all the conversion options and it was separate form the drivers as there was no new driver release when the control panel released. That's probably more than you wanted to know, but there it is.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jeremy Doyle
on Feb 1, 2008 at 8:47:25 pm

That probably explains the firmware update my Io needed too.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 1, 2008 at 8:52:11 pm

Yessir. The firmware updater is bundled with the control panel to allow for all those cool new thingies like presets and proc amp levels.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 1, 2008 at 8:01:34 pm

Perhaps it's time to download and install it.

http://www.aja.com/ajashare/ProIO_ControlPanel_v1.2.zip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]