FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona LSe or LHe?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cory McKechnie
Kona LSe or LHe?
on Jan 31, 2008 at 5:05:47 pm

Given the choice (with a difference of just over $500) would you go with the Kona LHe over the LSe? I'm only doing SD now and for the forseeable future, but the convenience of the option down the road has me intrigued. I've got a great price on an LHe, so I'm considering picking it up for the possibility of using HD down the road. Does the LHe offer anything other than HD that would make this an easier decision for me?
Thanks again for everyone's help,
Cory

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
Re: Kona LSe or LHe?
on Jan 31, 2008 at 5:45:40 pm

Absolutely! A lot of people are already shooting HD, even for SD & web delivery. And someday soon, someone is going to ask you about working in HD. Why not be ready for it?

Arnie

Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman

http://www.arniepix.com/blog

Return to posts index

Cory McKechnie
Re: Kona LSe or LHe?
on Jan 31, 2008 at 9:50:51 pm

How do HD/V cameras ingest footage into the system? Is it Firewire or component/SDI through the Kona? I ask because I don't have (or plans for) a deck or HD monitor at this point (SDI or otherwise), solely because I use a miniDV camera for my footage. If I do do ingest HD/V through firewire, I read the LHe has hardware acceleration, which would obviously help me decide to purchase the LHe at an additional cost. I'm just trying to convince myself the added cost at this point (in my extremly tight budget) if worth is justifiable.
Again, thanks for any help.
Cory

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]