FORUMS: list search recent posts

Where's my expansion slot utility?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Irwin
Where's my expansion slot utility?
on Jan 29, 2008 at 4:12:34 am

Been having some trouble since a wipe and reinstall and I don't remember setting the expansion slots as shown in the LHe readmes. But I can't find it! THe only coreservices folder I can find is on my osx install disk and there's no expansion slot utility there. Its not in the applications or utilities folder either and repeated spotlight searches only turn up the ReleaseNotesKONA_v5.pdf ?? I do realize it's entirely possible i'm losing my mind. The other thing i've considered is perhaps the only time you have access to expansion slot utility is when you physically pull the card out and put it back in. I'm hoping that's not the case as that would be a major pain because of where my tower resides. Any help appreciated

Thanks, tim

Return to posts index

Tim Irwin
nevermind found it
on Jan 29, 2008 at 4:16:41 am

ugh, nevermind, i was losing my mind, i found it. Still bewildered at why it won't show up in a search though.

-t

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: nevermind found it
on Jan 29, 2008 at 2:48:58 pm

[Tim Irwin] " i found it. Still bewildered at why it won't show up in a search though. "

system level files are excluded from searching by default you would need to change the parameters.

FYI - the new desktops do not have the Expansion slot utility since all of the slots are now 16x

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows
Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

Gregory Wilson
Re: nevermind found it
on Nov 26, 2009 at 12:41:42 pm

Gary, Thanks for the tip regarding the new desktops not needing the Expansion Slot utility because they are all 16x. I was a little unsure why my new MacPro was telling me that "Expansion Slot Utility" was not intended to run on this machine.

If anybody was looking for it on a previous version Mac Pro, I don't think it was mentioned here, but it is located in /System/Library/CoreServices/
In the Finder go to the Go Menu > Go to Folder and paste that in.

Thanks everybody,
Gregory Wilson
wilgory.com

Return to posts index

Damien Molineaux
new MacPros PCI-E all 16x ?
on Dec 1, 2011 at 10:45:06 am

gary adcock:

"FYI - the new desktops do not have the Expansion slot utility since all of the slots are now 16x"

I just installed a new PCI-E card in a brand new 8 core MacPro, when trying to launch the application which uses the card (Redcine-X with a RedRocket) I got a message saying the card was in a 4x slot and it required an 8x. Of course there is no Expansion Slot Utility on my machine. What's up?

Cheers,
Damien

http://www.c-sideprod.ch / http://www.earthling-prod.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]