FORUMS: list search recent posts

DV Firewire in. AJA out.

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Dalton
DV Firewire in. AJA out.
on Jan 23, 2008 at 9:52:52 pm

Hi,

Has anyone been capturing SD DV through the Firewire on their MacPro into FCP 6 and then trying to 'edit to tape' onto a digi or sp? I ask because my copy of FCP on my 3ghz Intel quad core MacPro with 8gb of RAM is saying that I can't edit to tape an hour's sequence as the compression rates differ to the output setting.

I've tried various easy setups; 'Uncompressed 8/10-bit', 'AJA - DV', 'AJA - ProRes', etc. All with the same result. I can print to tape, however.....

Thanks in advance for any pointers given,

Todd.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: DV Firewire in. AJA out.
on Jan 24, 2008 at 12:14:45 am

Simply setup your KOna for the 8bit to dv easy setup.

Open up your edit to tape window, then drag your sequence from the browser to the assemble overlay of the edit to tape window.

Return to posts index

Todd Dalton
on Jan 24, 2008 at 12:36:25 am

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your quick response! I think what's happened is that I've been so used to looking through the easy setups for PAL SD ones that I'd gone 'blind' to the 'DV' easy setups... I'm not in front of the machine now, but I'll look through them again tomorrow.

And then maybe I will see the wood in the trees :)

Cheers!

Todd.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 24, 2008 at 4:04:52 am

Look for AJA Kona 3 PAL 8 bit to DV.

Return to posts index

Todd Dalton
on Jan 24, 2008 at 9:03:49 pm

Thanks!

It still didn't work, but I think I've found out why it wasn't playing nicely: the original sequence was corrupted! I dropped the entire feature into a new dv-pal sequence and it's currently playing out :) Loverly!!

I should've tried it last night, but I had a bit of tunnel vision and was determined to find the right setting.... Which it turns out I had - just the wrong sequence!

Todd.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]